*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Man of Honour
download the 4.4.3 file but cant seem to upgrade via nexus root tool kit.
how are you guy doing it
thanks

I downloaded the flashable zip and flashed through recovery, dirty flash over my 4.2.2 custom ROM and it seems to be fine.
Although I'll probably do a clean flash when I'm not at work just to sooth my ocd.

Caporegime
Haven't got the update yet :(

Personally I find the camera focus, speed etc. superb as it is, have yet to take a blurry photo (even in low light conditions), camera is superior to my one s in pretty much every way.

Associate
Good choice on the ROM :p

I dunno if I prefer hover over the old halo yet, But I like how they are trying to keep it stock looking. Looking at iOS8 this morning hahahaha. I've had this reply thing for almost 2 years?

I know mate I had it on my N4, so much better on the N5, I actually really like Hover, i used to turn off Halo as it done my head in a bit, I think they have gone in the right direction with Hover.

New OTA out today as well, they have added some new bits and bobs.

Soldato
I know mate I had it on my N4, so much better on the N5, I actually really like Hover, i used to turn off Halo as it done my head in a bit, I think they have gone in the right direction with Hover.

New OTA out today as well, they have added some new bits and bobs.

Sadly I don't own a N5 :( My N4 is running it though but I gave that to the parents, So I have to wait for my HTC one to get it hopefully by the end of the week. Good to see theme engine has been put in, I just hope they don't disband per app colour completely.

The thing I liked about halo is I could set up some apps in the halo app & quick swipe the bubble & have another app open straight away in floating mode, With Hover there isn't any option to do this apart from a active notification by long pressing it & selecting floating mode.

I used it a hell of a lot for multitasking more than the notification side of things. But I definitely like how they are styling things in these betas it is how I would expect Google to kinda do it.

Either way I wouldn't change from PA it has always been the most stable ROM for me, I don't like all kinds of clutter kinda how PACrom is although it is nice a ROM. Its more for people who likes to enjoy lots of options.

Last edited:
Associate
Sadly I don't own a N5 :( My N4 is running it though but I gave that to the parents, So I have to wait for my HTC one to get it hopefully by the end of the week. Good to see theme engine has been put in, I just hope they don't disband per app colour completely.

The thing I liked about halo is I could set up some apps in the halo app & quick swipe the bubble & have another app open straight away in floating mode, With Hover there isn't any option to do this apart from a active notification by long pressing i t & selecting floating mode.

I used it a hell of a lot for multitasking more than the notification side of things. But I definitely like how they are styling things in these betas it is how I would expect Google to kinda do it.

Either way I wouldn't change from PA it has always been the most stable ROM for me, I don't like all kinds of clutter kinda how PACrom is although it is nice a ROM. Its more for people who likes to enjoy lots of options.

You should treat yourself to a n5 I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon but were see when android silver is released. But I'm sure you'll be more than happy with a One it's a great device. There is a port of the HTC one rom for the n5 but unfortunately it's bug ridden and the devs have stopped developing for it but hopefully they will start again as I do love the rom on the HTC one.

Yeah I did like a few things about it but on the whole I just ended up turning it off completely. I'm sure a few extra features will be implemented into hover soon.

I don't think I'll change roms either PA does it for me. Plus I use xposed framework and gravity box so extra little tweaks here and there from that is just right! I migh give miui a blast see how that fairs up. All this customisation on android is fantastic I do feel sorry for iOS users as they are missing out lol

Back
Top Bottom