*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
What was the wifi problem?

Issue with Factory image and cisco ap's using AES encryption as far as I understand.

The fix is to connect to AP using Kit Kat and then apply OTA. This preserves the connection under Lollipop.

However if you forget the connection under Lollipop and try to connect again at a later date, it goes in to a connecting/saved endless loop as it cant negotiate the connection.

Associate
What? Airplane mode is in the notification bar. You are pulling it down twice right?

Yeah, I know it's there, but having to pull it down twice annoys me and I much prefer the old way of just holding the power button and tapping once on either airplane mode or Vibrate or Silent. Not the end of the world but surely they should have realised this changed behaviour would upset many people? (toggle between vibrate and sound is also cumbersome, I don't want to have to use the volume buttons for that, why cripple the power button?)

Everything else seems nice enough and my battery drainage has improved, the camera app was draining it before. My GPS is still dodgy, had the N5 from the start but it's always been getting worse, must have one of those first units where the chip comes loose but I never bothered sending it back.

Soldato
When i updated i didn't get The Trusted Places option for pin. For some reason it didn't download the latest play services. Anyone else had this issue?

Man of Honour
The Trusted Places added with the newest Google Play Services is great, now I can have my phone without a pin at home and it will have a pin everywhere else.

It's nice that they're finally nicking ideas from llama. Next they'll have configurable ringtone volumes, WiFi etc depending on location and time of day.

Associate
I flashed my nexus 5. My nexus 4 and 7 are still waiting for the update. I seem to remember 4.4.3 took ages to hit my nexus 4. They check multiple times a day for updates. Just sit back and wait.

Soldato
Issue with Factory image and cisco ap's using AES encryption as far as I understand.

The fix is to connect to AP using Kit Kat and then apply OTA. This preserves the connection under Lollipop.

However if you forget the connection under Lollipop and try to connect again at a later date, it goes in to a connecting/saved endless loop as it cant negotiate the connection.

Sideloading the OTA doesnt resolve the issue, both mine and a colleagues still have issues with Cisco APs, you can usually remedy this by turning airplane mode on and off but it's bloody annoying having to do that everytime you go between a new AP

Apparently there is a fix, but it requires removing a line from a .conf file which I believe can only be done if you're rooted? See post #78 (or #60 for main bulky ones)

Does anyone know if the files in /data/ can be viewed on a PC if we have the Android SDK installed?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom