*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Associate
Looks like the sides of the black version are matt finished whereas the white is shiny. Just a minor detail I know but I so hate shiny plastic!

Soldato
All go pending until they are shipped.

Ps: My chicken pie was delicious for all who were wondering

Go to the Google Play homepage, click on the cog on the right hand side of the pages and select 'My Orders'

It should tell you the dispatch by date under 'Status'

Associate
Gonna wait a week or 2 for the reviews to come out. That way I will know what to expect and my phone won't have been in the warehouse for as long..maybe hardware rev 1.2?

Associate
Do you guys recommend that i get a case or something to protect my N5 from damage?

Ive never owned a phone like this so dont really know how fragile they are.

Soldato
Do you guys recommend that i get a case or something to protect my N5 from damage?

It's a plastic phone and so should be more resistant to drops that most premium phones.

Don't drop it though as no phone will withstand a hit to the face of the phone.

Soldato

Depends how clumsy you are really. I use my phones without a case and haven't managed to break one yet. However if you do drop the phone from chest height and it lands face down on a hard surface, you will have a high chance of breaking the glass.

No glass back this time around, which is awesome. The glass back on the Nexus 4 was a bit annoying to be honest. The new matt material seems like it should make the phone really grippy.

Associate
My first order is showing as "Leaves warehouse by 5 November 2013.", while the other is saying "Pending". On the phone to Google, some American guy who could barely understand me (don't blame him, even in London nobody could) said that one of the orders is in the process of being cancelled, and the other one is fine. Fingers crossed, knowing my luck I either get 2 phones or both get cancelled.

Associate
Any guesses when they'll hit the shops? Loks like a few shops will have them this time rather than just o2. Carephone warehouse seem to be charging £295 for 16gig.

As with some of the others, i'll wait for reviews of the camera. I love my nexus 4, apart from the camera is less than perfect lighting. CEX can have my nexus 4 then ;)

Man of Honour
I bought two 32GB in black, hoping and expecting them to sell out instantly so I could sell one....

Shouldn't of tried to cash in then :p especially after all the stock that we've seen floating about!

Does this mean that the N4 will get 4.4 very soon?
A couple of weeks apparently
Any guesses when they'll hit the shops? Loks like a few shops will have them this time rather than just o2. Carephone warehouse seem to be charging £295 for 16gig.

As with some of the others, i'll wait for reviews of the camera. I love my nexus 4, apart from the camera is less than perfect lighting. CEX can have my nexus 4 then ;)
Available to buy from CPW at least from tomorrow morning.

Soldato
Does this warrant an upgrade from the N4 that much, what does this do that the N4 can't or doesn't do very well?

I usually like new tech, but I'm having doubts on this one for some reason as an N4 owner.

Associate
Ive seen frop tests on phones and they scare me.. I am not too clumsy so probably wont ever drop it on a hard surface.

Are cases more to protect from scratches and not impacts?

Soldato
Does this warrant an upgrade from the N4 that much, what does this do that the N4 can't or doesn't do very well?

I usually like new tech, but I'm having doubts on this one for some reason as an N4 owner.

I'm thinking the same, I don't think it is a worthy enough upgrade personally, I think the N4 is a more than capable phone and will be for a good while. It's never skipped a beat, only thing that N5 might do better is camera and battery but that remains to be seen!

Think i'll sit this round out, by the time the N4-2 or N5-2 comes round i'll probably be ready to upgrade!

Soldato
LTE?

It's a shame that over here Verizon is still the coverage king, I'd love to switch to T-Mobile with their SIM-only plan but the US is still stuck in the stone age when it comes to the networks controlling everything. Slowly making progress though....

Back
Top Bottom