*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
LTE?

It's a shame that over here Verizon is still the coverage king, I'd love to switch to T-Mobile with their SIM-only plan but the US is still stuck in the stone age when it comes to the networks controlling everything. Slowly making progress though....

It has LTE.

Associate
Does this warrant an upgrade from the N4 that much, what does this do that the N4 can't or doesn't do very well?

I usually like new tech, but I'm having doubts on this one for some reason as an N4 owner.

I'm having the exact same thoughts-but I really want it.

Would be a Christmas present though so no touching until December.

Soldato
I'm hoping CPW nearby will be displaying it, I want to see this device in the flesh. I didn't really like the look of the N4 until I saw it in person, and at the moment, I'm feeling the same with the N5. However most of all I want to play around with KitKat :p.

Does the KitKat talk stay here or is it just the N5?

Soldato
Anyone got any experience with getting a micro sim out of Three? It doesn't mention cost on the website. Apparently you can go into a store to get one? I might just get a nano sim cutting kit with an adapter for micro, that'll be cheaper than visiting the shop! (If I don't butcher the sim that is!).

Soldato
I'm having the exact same thoughts-but I really want it.

Would be a Christmas present though so no touching until December.

Honestly the only reason for my upgrading is for the 32GB. I actually use up my space with music and apps so the extra storage is welcomed. Also it looks like it will be a more comfortable phone to use with the matt finish rather then the slippery glass.

Honestly the Nexus 4 is still awesome, and will have Kitkat probably in the next week or so.

Associate
Might pop down to my nearest CPW tomorrow.. also a phones4u quite close to it aswell.... CEX say they pay £147 for the n4.. so that'll cover half the cost (16gig would be big enough for me).

Soldato
Managed to get through to Carphonewarehouse and have delivery set for tomorrow :) Cancelled my Google Play order.

I am impressed that CPW can do next day deliveries all the way up to 8pm.. TAKE NOTE OCUK!

Associate
i notice in the video there are a lot of scenes taking pictures indoors and at night, are they trying to tell us the camera is much better than the N4 do you think ?

Associate
I am disappointed by the prices. Last years Nexus 4, was much more affordable. :confused:

There was discussion of getting my sister one for her birthday. But there is no way I could convince family members to stump up a collective £300 or £340 for the 32GB model.
A shame really, as the aesthetics are good. Sadly no Micro SD Slot, an the ear piece speaker looks awful. :o
But there is no arguing with the phones hardware: CPU, RAM, Screen... Are all top quality hardware, in an attractive bezel phone.

Was hoping that the 32GB version would come in at no higher than £300...but it came in at £340. Now thinking if I should pay buy a new Sony Z Xperia Ultra 4GB instead for £420...

Thought it is $349 for the US for the 16GB...that's £217.42. Add VAT that should come to £261 for the 16GB version...how did it end up being £299? UK premium tax again?

Is there really a Sony Z Xperia Ultra 4GB model?
Don't you mean Sony Z Xperia Ultra 4G (ie. Network 4G LTE model)?
A typo on your part perhaps... :p

Can you kindly clarify. As that is the one phone I personally really like. An the 2GB of RAM memory, is the one serious stopping block, forcing me not to buy it. If there was a 4GB RAM model; I'd be all over hit like crazy.
I look forward to next years 6.4/6.6" Ultra model... :D

Now back on topic; Regarding all new Nexus 5 potential owners. :)

Back
Top Bottom