*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
Is there really a Sony Z Xperia Ultra 4GB model?
Don't you mean Sony Z Xperia Ultra 4G (ie. Network 4G LTE model)?
A typo on your part perhaps... :p

Can you kindly clarify. As that is the one phone I personally really like. An the 2GB of RAM memory, is the one serious stopping block, forcing me not to buy it. If there was a 4GB RAM model; I'd be all over hit like crazy.
I look forward to next years 6.4/6.6" Ultra model... :D
Sorry typo was meant to say 4G :p

I do apologise for getting your hopes up on a 4GB ram variant. Is having only 2GB of ram REALLY gonna be not enough?
Don't get caught in the hype. If I had the spare cash I'd buy a Z1 over the N5 in a heartbeat. Superior in every way.
I've been thinking that as well. I really like the look of the Sony's as well looks really smart, the Nexus 5 on the other hand looks a bit too...conservative?

Also no expandable storage on the Nexus 5 as well. Really starting to think the Z1 worth the price premium...

Last edited:
Soldato
She seemed very confident. Maybe depends on your address? I am getting delivered to work in The City.

My delivery address couldn't be more than a couple of miles from your workplace then.

Oh well, maybe they only had a certain number of Friday deliveries available.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't get caught in the hype. If I had the spare cash I'd buy a Z1 over the N5 in a heartbeat. Superior in every way.

+1

Anyone with an S4, HTC One, Z1 or any other top of the line phone is only going backwards if they get the N5.

Personally, i dont think the 8Mp camera is going to be that great. I only expect it to be slightly better than the N4. Awaiting reviews.....

Associate
Google have what a 14 day or so return policy? This is great since I can't get hands on with the phone until my one arrives and I can decide if I like it or not

Associate
+1

Anyone with an S4, HTC One, Z1 or any other top of the line phone is only going backwards if they get the N5.

Personally, i dont think the 8Mp camera is going to be that great. I only expect it to be slightly better than the N4. Awaiting reviews.....

I am going from a G2 to N5, (I had the One before this), Still have the G2 so depending on how much I like N5 will sell the G2 or return the N5.

Man of Honour
Google have what a 14 day or so return policy? This is great since I can't get hands on with the phone until my one arrives and I can decide if I like it or not

That gives me plenty of time to decide if I like it better than my current S4, to be honest the specs look good and since getting my N7 I like stock android so it'll probably be a keeper.

Soldato
My black 16GB says "dispatches by 5th Nov", so must have got an early one.
They're now saying "leaves warehouse by 8 November".

Who knows.

Associate
My black 16GB says "dispatches by 5th Nov", so must have got an early one.
They're now saying "leaves warehouse by 8 November".

Who knows.

Ya, black 32gb is on 8th Nov now, I have it as 5th, Seems Google did learn from N4 launch. At least the ordering/inventory part.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom