NFL 2016 Season

Associate
Soldato
Despite the fact that there may be some truth in what he says, just remember that there is no bigger D bag/Blowhard than Skip Bayless! He actually got his start here in Dallas .... until we ran his sorry *** out of town on a rail!

And don't believe anything that comes out of Screamin' A Smith's mouth!

so max kellerman is ok? lol

or will cain???

I only watch for the entertainment

Correct!

You have advanced to the bonus round. :D

well i got 3/4 last round :cool:

Associate
Green Bay vs Dallas = Dallas
Seattle vs Atlanta = Atlanta
Pittsburgh vs Kansas City = Pittsburgh
New England vs Texans = New England

Yeah I'd probably agree with that.

I think Kansas v Pittsburgh will be close though, Pittsburgh are on a great run but Kansas are very good at Arrowhead. Hopefully Pittsburgh will squeeze out a win.

More importantly what's the over/under for how many points the Patriots beat the Texans? I'm going for the Patriots to win by 24.

Associate
I think GB might fend off Dallas, their offence is playing well atm and I think the Giants defence is stronger than Dallas.

On a side note, 2017 UK Season tickets available now (well a long queue to join anyway!)

Associate
I'm not going back to Twickenham again. Thought that was generally a horrible experience.

I may be in for a shock this year at Twickenham to be honest as perhaps didn't see the ugly side as much.

Last year, parked relatively nearby for free and had VIP Hospitality which was fine. If anything hospitality felt like it put me off as I was sat around people who really didn't care (after halftime maybe 1/4-1/3 of people came back eventually). Compared to the Jags and Bengals games where I ended up sat next to travelling fans which meant there was actually some atmosphere.

Didn't really see any issues mind other than everything having a huge queue (including getting through the gates to the stadium)

Soldato
The queuing and general management of the local area seemed very bad to me. For example, we bought someone's driveway but weren't allowed to get to it as they'd closed all the roads.

Signage to our seats seemed very poor to me too. Non-functioning payment terminals when we bought food. So much just put me off going back.

Associate
I think GB might fend off Dallas, their offence is playing well atm and I think the Giants defence is stronger than Dallas.

On a side note, 2017 UK Season tickets available now (well a long queue to join anyway!)

I think you're underestimating the Dallas offense and the absolutely horrible GB secondary and to some degree O line.

The GB offense is on a heater and Rodgers is playing some great ball. They will score points, no question. But the Dallas defense is in much better shape than the GB defense. Dallas' offense will shred them.

There is a good chance that this game turns into a "last person with the ball wins".

Associate
I think you could be right. I was happy to see the Giants lose, but they probably had a better chance of beating Dallas.

It should be a great game I hope though.

Agreed. Dallas doesn't match up well against NY. And the NFL is all about matchups.

I think it will be an exciting game and probably be competitive to the very end.

Soldato
I think the Packers vs Cowboys game is going to rest on whether GB can stop Elliott and the Cowboys run game from getting going. Dallas are second in rushing yards per game but right down in 23rd in passing yards, and although Prescott has a very good passer rating he has yet to really be truly tested when the run game isn't working that well.

Also, the Cowboys themselves don't exactly have a great secondary, they finished the season 26th out of 33 teams when it comes to passing, so if they can't get their run game going there's a chance they could simply be outscored. If the Cowboys can run the ball effectively then they can control the clock, keep possession of the ball, and stop Rodgers from getting on the field. If they can't establish the run then Green Bay will win in my opinion.

Associate
I think the Packers vs Cowboys game is going to rest on whether GB can stop Elliott and the Cowboys run game from getting going. Dallas are second in rushing yards per game but right down in 23rd in passing yards

I don't think Green Bay can stop Elliott though. If you look at Green Bay's record this season against quality running backs they have lost them all.

Week 2 against the Vikings. AP got injured mid game and they still lost.
Week 6 Cowboys - lost
Week 8 Falcons - lost
Week 9 Colts - lost
Week 10 Titans - lost

All these teams have good running backs and they lost them all. Even Rob Kelley for the Redskins who has had one 100 yard game in his NFL career and that was against Green Bay where you guessed it, they lost.

The only games Green Bay have won this season has been against average/ok running backs.

I don't see Green Bay suddenly turning it around this week.

Associate
I don't think Green Bay can stop Elliott though. If you look at Green Bay's record this season against quality running backs they have lost them all.

Week 2 against the Vikings. AP got injured mid game and they still lost.
Week 6 Cowboys - lost
Week 8 Falcons - lost
Week 9 Colts - lost
Week 10 Titans - lost

All these teams have good running backs and they lost them all. Even Rob Kelley for the Redskins who has had one 100 yard game in his NFL career and that was against Green Bay where you guessed it, they lost.

The only games Green Bay have won this season has been against average/ok running backs.

I don't see Green Bay suddenly turning it around this week.

while you're correct, green bay has been playing differently ever since they winning. Secondary has been banged up all season though.
However i'd argue cowboys need to score at least 30 points to win which they haven't really done that often this season.

Back
Top Bottom