1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2018 Season

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by ThestigGT999, Sep 6, 2018.

1. lee32uk

Underboss

As long as New England don't get to the Superbowl I don't care who wins it :D Hoping for Saints/Rams vs KC as I want a shootout :cool:

2. mp260767

Capodecina

ouch firing of head coaches is on a blitz already, be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

hoping that kansas can get to the superbowl, mahomes has been brilliant.

fancy the ravens to get past the chargers, and the texans to outdo the colts.

hoping the seahawks can get past the cowboys, as i don't fancy the rams chances against dallas if their defence can do what they did against the saints.

not sure i fancy us against any of chicago/eagles/saints as 2 have beat us and foles will always be glad to beat us after we let him go.

3. lee32uk

Underboss

Lots of firings but Tomlin seems to be immune :( I guess you can't pin the blame squarely on him but his tactics seem all over the place i.e Tries to convert a 4th and 5 at the Steelers 42 yard line but then in the next game with the season on the line he won't go for a 4th and 1 at the Bengals 45 yard line :confused: He doesn't trust his offence to get 1 yard ? Seriously ? Something needs to happen in the off season because there are too many good players in that squad for them not to be in the playoffs. Good teams find a way to win. The opposite can be said of the Steelers under Tomlin.

4. mp260767

Capodecina

yeah i'd expected him to be one of the possible's, especially due to the number of long term coaches that had already been let go, maybe having a winning season helped.

one i feel sorry for is wilks at arizona, not quite sure what they expected from the 1st season.

5. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Really? In 12 seasons with the Steelers he's never had a losing season!? Personally I think they'd be crazy to let him go.

6. ThestigGT999

Soldato

yep other head coaches need to go first.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  7. mp260767

Capodecina

can sort of understand it, a winning season is a good start, but the question to be asked is could they have been better, as Lee said with some of the calls.

comes down to asking is a winning season enough, i know a lot of teams would kill for that, but i think most owners want the superbowl no matter how unrealistic it is.

8. lee32uk

Underboss

I doubt they will let him go as the Rooney family seem to stick by him for some reason. Even though he has never has a losing season, 3 championship game appearances in 11 years is pretty poor. They haven't won the Superbowl since 2009 and that was a team he mostly inherited from Cowher.

9. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Honestly, I don't think any of that makes sense to me... but that's just me.

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/ranking-nfls-10-most-successful-active-head-coaches.html

10. No1newts

Capodecina

Lewis is gone! Lewis is gone! Hallelujah Lewis is ******* gone!!!! :D

Now we'll appoint Hue :(

11. mp260767

Capodecina

how bad was it when you heard the news then realised Hue was waiting in the wings ? :D

12. No1newts

Capodecina

******* Lewis has said he is "the right man for the job" **** sake did Brown murder his entire family and he is now out for revenge against the organisation!?

16 years of **** now he wants to be suceeded by someone who conspires to be even worse than him. He hates the Bengals :p

13. lee32uk

Underboss

I just think with the players they have they should be doing better. I am just sick of hearing the same old excuses every time we lose to a team we should be beating. Happened a few times this Season (Broncos, Raiders, Browns opener when they tied after being up 21 - 7 in the 4th Qtr) and they also threw away the game at Home against the Chargers after having a big lead at halftime.

14. ThestigGT999

Soldato

15. lee32uk

Underboss

I don't think he has actually requested a trade, at least according to Ian Rapoport on NFL.com. If he does go he will be hard to replace. The Steelers do seem to have a knack of drafting good WR's though.

16. No1newts

Capodecina

Colts at -6.5 at 4/1, easy money thank you stupid UK bookmakers :D

Interesting enough game but it never felt like a contest, Colts schooled them end to end.

Chiefs/Colts should be interesting, expect a huge shootout as I don't see any D good enough to stop the others offense.

17. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

For me it was great evidence that Watson just isn't that great a QB. He missed a lot of passes he really should have made and should have been picked off at least twice more than he was. As you say, Chiefs v Colts should be a great game. I think the Colts D and their running game will stop it being a complete shoot out mind you.

18. mp260767

Capodecina

i don't put that much on watson, he's been pressured that much this season not surprised hes missing passes.

expecting the chiefs to take the colts, but it could well be another high scoring game
    (really don't want to come back to this post after a 9-6 win for one of them :D )

19. No1newts

Capodecina

Missed the Seahawks game, tried to stay up but was exhausted and couldn't stay up any longer. Cowboys done well, I would have edged Seahawks in this game in advance.

20. mp260767

Capodecina

with dallas you never know if their going to turn up, did a good job against the saints then they'll lose to a sub .500 team.