1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2018 Season

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by ThestigGT999, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ThestigGT999

Soldato

part of me wants the colts to win so we get home field though this colts team aren't the same we beat in the deflategate game

2. nicktay2605

Mobster

As a Patriots fan I definitely want the Colts to win. We were 3-5 on the road this season, but were undefeated at home with an 8-0 record. I don't give us a chance against KC at Arrowhead. First things first we need to beat the Chargers though, that's going to be a very tough game given how well they're playing on both sides of the ball.

3. No1newts

Capodecina

Browns appointed Kitchens, can't say I think that is the best call. One they'll regret (though I hope they prove me wrong)

4. No1newts

Capodecina

Got my bet on;

Chargers
    colts/Chiefs over 57pts
    Saints

Not touching the spreads as I think they'll all be close. Not touching the Rams game full stop, Rams should win easy but wouldn't be shocked if they implode as they have a habit of doing.

5. mp260767

Capodecina

wasn't it arians that said he'd be up for taking on the browns job ?, not sure why they wouldn't go with him and keep kitchen working with mayfield.

where's your sense of adventure ? :D

gone for the cowboys to beat the spread as i think they'll control gurley and stuff goff up so he end's up throwing an interception or 3, added to the fact elliot and cooper are 2 elements that we've had trouble with all season.

6. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

i took the Cowboys with the points. I went the favorites against the spread in all the others.

Arians has taken the Buccs job hasn't he?

7. mp260767

Capodecina

yeah he has, browns weren't interested it seems, even after he said he'd like to.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  8. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I think the Browns could be rather mad to not just give it to Greg Williams. What was his record while he was in charge?

9. No1newts

Capodecina

7/3 I believe.

I would have went Arians personally and with the Brownams record of screwing up anything that looks even remotely positive I can see this backfiring and them having another bad season.

Still at least they aren't the Bengals who have just let every half decent coach be swept off the board whilst they sit in a daze. Hue incoming.

10. mp260767

Capodecina

seen mention that the bengals might be after the rams QB coach, makes less sense to me than arians or williams

11. lee32uk

Underboss

So far the Colts haven't turned up :rolleyes: Mountain to climb second half.

12. ThestigGT999

Soldato

colts beat them selfs, too many penalties

13. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Can you believe how often the Colts jumped off sides?!

Went kind of how I expected both games, although I went Cowboys +7½ and they lost by 8 :rolleyes:

14. mp260767

Capodecina

overall performance from the colts was poor, first few possessions were really poor.

thought the 2 top seeds would win, but i thought the games might be closer.

15. No1newts

Capodecina

Calls for this weekend?

I fancy Rams and Chiefs but both games will be close and wouldn't be surprised if either team wins either game.

16. nicktay2605

Mobster

I think the Chiefs will be too much for the Patriots, I'm less confident in picking the winner of the NFC game. The Saints were sloppy last week against the Eagles and came so close to losing, they'll need to up their game against the Rams. I reckon the Rams will win by running the ball effectively like they did against the Cowboys.

17. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

It really is too close to call IMO. What I decided was, I would rather put my money on Brady and Brees, than the young Maholmes and Goff, so I say Patriots v Saints.

18. mp260767

Capodecina

i'm going for chiefs v saints, i wouldn't be surprised if the pats came through, but after the ways he's played this year i'd like to see mahomes at the superbowl.

looking forward to seeing how much the saints bully poor peter's this time :D

19. nicktay2605

Mobster

It's a shame the NFL don't put one of the Championship games on on Saturday and the other on Sunday, like they do for the Wildcard and Divisional rounds. The AFC Championship game is on so late I won't be able to watch it because of work on Monday. I know the scheduling is done so that they can get the biggest possible US audience, but considering they're keen to expand their global appeal you would have thought they'd maybe think about that too.

20. lee32uk

Underboss

I am taking the Patriots and Rams.