1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2018 Season

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by ThestigGT999, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ThestigGT999

Soldato

a bad call, QB sneak or a run play would have been better at 3 and 1

2. No1newts

Capodecina

Chiefs :(

3. Megahurtz400

Soldato

AFC Championship game.
    2 mins on the clock.
    Brady on the ball.
    LETS. GO.

4. Purdy

Capodecina

Christ that roughing the passer keeping Pats in the game was rough, Mahomes actually took a forearm to the head earlier and there was nothing, refs deciding games as tense as this is brutal.

Ford jumping offside will haunt him forever too

5. Purdy

Capodecina

Yeah refs and Ford ****** the Chiefs in the most crucial moments

6. ThestigGT999

Soldato

Yesssssss GET IN

Lets Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. mp260767

Capodecina

it was worse than that, he was lined up offside, wasn't even a jump :(

some of the refs decisions tonight have been woeful, and more importantly for me inconsistent.

8. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I'm working this morning, so went to bed after the first game with my alarm set for 6:20am. I wake up at 5:40am though and think to myself I'll watch the 'game in 40' on GamePass, so put it on my TV, cast from my phone. Just before half time, I think to myself to turn my alarm off, in case I don't hear it with my headphones on. 'Hey Google, cancel my alarm'. This is a command for my Home Hub, but as usual, the phone hears the command, no problem, it happens, it ignores it. For some reason though, it skipped GamePass right to the end....!?!?! Literally I'm looking at an image of Brady celebrating on my TV?!! What?!?! I grab my phone, sure enough the slider is right at the end of the line. I quickly slide it back to the middle, but too late. Wow. Thanks GamePass! How on earth that happens I don't know. Shame, as it was an amazing game, spoilt by some weird bug.

I don't get the lined up in the neutrel zone. In the NFL almost every play they aren't lined up legally. Look at receivers on the line of scrimmage when they shouldn't be. Almost always a DT or DE is slightly in the neutral zone, they just let it go though. (I didn't see this one though, I guess it was particularly bad?)

Anyway, was it mp that kept telling us the Rams weren't a Superbowl team, and we all kept telling him they were?

9. No1newts

Capodecina

Yeah it was :p

I missed the second half of the Chiefs game, was too tired, so disappointed for them. It will be a good lesson for Mahomes and the other young players moving forward but just so annoyed to see Brady on another Superbowl, wish he would just **** off :p so bored of the Pats these days :p

Shame that bad calls had a big influence on both games.

Can now see the Pats winning the Superbowl :(

10. mp260767

Capodecina

hey, i didn't know we were gonna pay the refs off :p

we managed to get there and i have no idea how , our defence (and by that i mean wade phillips) has been woeful, think the the stat they put up on sky last night was we're 20th in pass defence and 14th in rushing, with the players we have we should be better than that.

really feel they have to rethink things on reviews/challenges, because theres no way peyton wouldn't have thrown a flag, same with reid.

if you insist on using the tech you have to do your best to make the most of it.

after saying all that i still have a problem with things like the edelman one where they said he touched it then after review overturned it, it took a while (think they said something like 3-4 mins) and its supposed to be OBVIOUS proof to overturn a call if it's taken them that long how can it be obvious ?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  11. Purdy

Capodecina

My bad you’re right, too tired and so infrequent that happens but he was wel over lol.

The RTP saved the pats and kept them in it, Chiefs might’ve gone up 11 and more importantly Pats would’ve been burning timeouts

12. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I personally think they still don't have Overtime right either. But I said it after the Falcons lost the Superbowl in OT, not getting to touch the ball and clearly the league is fine with that. It should simply be, both teams should have the same amount of possessions until one doesn't score as much as the other... a bit like college, but not from the 20.

13. Grimley

Soldato

So can I unfortunately (not an NFC East opponent is why methinks). What I don't understand is why Tom Brady still wants to play at his age, He's got nothing left to prove. His place in Canton is already assured, It's just a question of how high a percentage vote He'll get when he goes in (Sooner the better so other AFC teams will a chance)

14. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I had to stop playing American Football at 36 due to injury. I would love to still be playing now in my mid 40's if I could. Why would he stop? You think he plays for the records and HOF?

15. mp260767

Capodecina

like a few players, and from his response at the end of the game, he really enjoys playing football, and having to watch players get forced to give up due to injuries etc, i think he wants to play as long as he can and end it on his terms if possible.

16. mmj_uk

Capodecina

Every time I try to get into this sport there's blatant incidents of the referees ignoring clear fouls or giving nitpicking fouls against particular teams that have huge influences on the games. The foul on the Saints receiver that went ignored at the end of the fourth quarter with the game at 20-20 was astonishing.

17. Grimley

Soldato

There's been only a select few QB's that have had the playing time in the NFL that Brady has had & nearly all of them are in the Hall of Fame, I dont see it quite that way TBH. (I'm pretty bad at playing sports BTW) If I was a successful NFL quarterback that has played for as long as he has, to play every week From August (pre-season) into February (Five months) & you have the ball for a few seconds for let's say 30-40 times a game, before three or four blokes over 6ft tall weighing 20-25 stone screaming obscenities at you & trying to land on top of you or push you to the ground while you still have the ball, I think that would be a little tiring. Once I'd reach 40 or so (I'm 53 BTW) & I'd rather be teaching the youngsters the tricks of the trade of being a top QB. All that time out there its going to take its toll in later life.

18. dr_volki

Wise Guy

goes both ways. tbf in the playoffs i rather the refs put the flags away and only call the egregious stuff
    anway for all the saints fans ;)
    [​IMG]

19. nicktay2605

Mobster

The Patriots have always had a good O-line though, so Brady doesn't generally take too many sacks. Plus he's not the type to break out of the pocket and risk getting hit that way. Personally I can see why he's still going, he clearly loves the sport. I was recently thinking about giving up regular football now that I'm 30, but when I've had any time off due to injury, being on holiday, etc I've realised how much I miss it. It's tough to step away from a sport when you've been playing it for most of your life.

20. Grimley

Soldato

Also I think the reason why Tom has had a long shelf life is down to his HC. Others would have thought that it would be time to draft a new QB or trade for for one to take over & give TB less game time. After all you cant keep father time at bay forever.