NFL 2018 Season

Caporegime
That made up penalty killed rams momentum, clear PI before the Int also.

Both offences were gash and only Edelman was impressive

Soldato
goff showing he's still got a lot to learn, another sack he didn't need to take, and yet another under thrown pass down the field.

no surprise with edelman as he makes the sort of runs that have been our downfall all year, and we're stuck with phillips for another season :(.

gurley has to still be injured or something weird is going on.

hopefully mcvay will have learnt a lot from the play off run and adapt for next season.

all credit to the pats they know how to get it done.

Soldato
Glad I didn't stay up for that one.

Something weird going on with Gurley - bearly featured at all in that game, or the last one.

POstives was I had Pats to win by 7-12 points with Paddy Power.

Soldato
Personally I don't think you can blame Phillips for that loss. It was the lowest scoring SB in history and you want to blame you DC for the loss?! Sorry, as with you claiming all year that the Rams weren't good enough, you just can't look at things impartially. The O really let things down. For me, Goff really regressed to the form of his first season. Any time the Pats got any pressure on him, he threw a terrible pass.

The Gurley thing is odd. They commented on his knee not being right, but he was getting carries. This is the Superbowl, seemed odd they were 'saving him'. For what?!

I think it's a shame because the Saints and Brees probably would have given us a much better game to watch. The Rams will likely have plenty more opportunities, how many will the Saints have?

Also, anyone else actually enjoy watching the adverts for a change? I was surprised and wasn't sure for a long time if this was actually a Pepsi ad or Coke -

I remember a comedian making a joke about it should be their slogan "It's Pepsi, is that okay?" Odd, or genius?

Best add of the day though -

It was also quite fun trying to pick everyone out of the NFL 100 Years video -

Soldato
Personally I don't think you can blame Phillips for that loss. It was the lowest scoring SB in history and you want to blame you DC for the loss?!

i didn't blame phillips totally for the loss i said we're stuck with him for at least another season, as i think we're going backwards defensively, donald having an mvp season has papered over how poor we've been.

Soldato
The Bud Light and NFL 100 adverts were good and made me chuckle.

I must agree with @AndyCr15 it is impossible to blame Phillips. The Rams were brilliant on D keeping Pat's below the lowest winning margin in history. Edelman is a freak and him getting clear isn't really an indication of the scheming. I don't see you "stuck" with him, he's good at what he does most teams would kill for a D mind like him.

The Gurley one is plain weird, I think there's more to come with that story and it could be a personal issue/discipline thing perhaps as not playing him made zero sense. Rams O line was poor, Goff didn't execute but he hurried all night and the few times he wasn't he did actually pass well. He needs to learn to cope with pressure better but his O line gave him no chance against a Pats pass rush that isn't all that special.

X factor for me was Belichek, completely out schemes, out thought and out coached McVay. Not a huge shock or negative against McVay as it's his first Superbowl but he was in Belichek back pocket all night.

I hope Brady doesn't stick around for 4 more years, can't cope with this :p

Soldato
Rams O line was poor, Goff didn't execute but he hurried all night and the few times he wasn't he did actually pass well. He needs to learn to cope with pressure better but his O line gave him no chance against a Pats pass rush that isn't all that special.

agree about goffs lack of ability to cope with pressure :(

prime example of goff having brain freeze last night , we start around the pats 47, he ends up around OUR 40, the guy to sack him is running straight at him, not catching him by surprise from a blind side etc and he just holds onto the ball instead of dumping it off :confused:

That reminded me to post this.....

loved the "with all the money in this room you never thought of getting him killed.....", camera catching all those guilty faces :D

also right about the 1st down celebrations :p

Soldato
The problem is, if you're throwing the ball because someone's going to hit you rather than someone's open... that's when you throw interceptions that we all go 'What the hell was that?!'

loved the "with all the money in this room you never thought of getting him killed.....", camera catching all those guilty faces :D

also right about the 1st down celebrations :p

Yeah, I don't know the guy, I was concerned when he said he wasn't going to roast people, but he was pretty funny.

Soldato
As much as I hate to say it, the Patriots are still the best Team in the NFL. I nearly had a few quid on them to win it all when they were something like 8/1 before the playoffs :(

Soldato
Yeah, that could be true, but at the same time I don't know I remember going into the conference games really not knowing who would win. Don't get me wrong, I picked the Pats, but it could easily have gone other ways. If the Saint's hadn't been robbed, I think they could have won. (Well, if the Rams O played a little better, they could have won)

Soldato
The problem is, if you're throwing the ball because someone's going to hit you rather than someone's open... that's when you throw interceptions that we all go 'What the hell was that?!'

he wasn't about to get hit though the guy was running from about 10 yds away with no one between them..... total brain freeze or am i missing something ?, i would expect a decent qb to have got rid of the ball.

PoQWxwk.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom