1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2018 Season

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by ThestigGT999, Sep 6, 2018.

1. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Personally (and maybe this might be because you say you're not good at sports) but my mind just wouldn't work that way. I loved playing. I actually sat in my car and cried when the Doc said I had to stop :( To me, I can't comprehend why Tom B would just decide to stop playing if he still can at that level. What he's achieved is pretty much irrelevant. I get it when they're past their prime, like Manning clealy was, you hope they can see this and hang up their boots, but even then, that's a tough thing to do when you love playing.

I also don't really get the whole 'amount of seconds you hold the ball in a game' point? My career was probably 40% QB, 40% FS, 15% HB and 5% DE. 45% of my career I barely touched the ball each game! Why does that matter?

2. mp260767

Capodecina

funny thing (except for one set of fans), that i heard the other day was that the 2 of them could have been at the jets :D, but after a day or so in charge things happened behind the scenes and coach moved to the pats.

to be fair other qb's have come in then moved on due i guess due to lack of playing, not sure why they wouldn't want to learn from a couple of the best in the game.

added to all that they've stayed at the top in a sport that is set up specifically so that shouldn't be possible, not in large due to Brady wanting to win so he says i'll have that for wages as long as you use the extra you were going to pay me on the team.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  3. Grimley

Soldato

Having never played the game myself, but I've watched it on & off for the best part of 33 years since CH4 started a weekly highlight show way back in 1986, the focus of the game has always (to me) been on the QB. In most cases I think the QB is the most important player on the team as they have most contact with the ball & they decide who to pass to/hand to (with a little bit of help from the OC & HC). You do have a point though, but I think most NFL QB's would not want to tackle a defensive lineman/linebacker after a fumble recovery or an interception for fear of injury.

4. ThestigGT999

Soldato

so true if this happened to Mahomes at Foxborough, people would call it laser gate etc as make a bigger deal out of it.

5. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Of course most wouldn't. I don't see the relevance to the discussion there? No-one asks them too... Bottom line, why would someone stop doing something they love if they didn't need to? That's all I was saying really. It doesn't matter what position they play, how much they touch the ball or to an extent even how much they win. One factor I accept is wear and tear on the body, especially with all we're learning about concussions these days. This definitely doesn't apply to Tom B. He is barely ever touched! :)

6. No1newts

Capodecina

How are people calling this one then?

I'll be heartily cheering on the Rams but despite that I've put £10 on the Pats -8.5. as much as it sticks in my craw I can see them handling the Rams and I'm really not sure how Goff will face up to the pressure.

I really hope I'm wrong and if the Rams D can win in the trenches they have a shot but I have a feeling Belichek will have a plan to deal with losing the Line battle and will be prepared for another way of taking on the Rams. Talib will be key as well on keeping an eye on Brady through the air.

All in all looking forward to a great game.

7. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Wow, I hope you got good odds on that?

8. No1newts

Capodecina

Just shy of 3/1. Not as good as I wanted but betting in finals of any sport is always pretty garbage odds wise.

9. mp260767

Capodecina

much as i would love the rams to win, after seeing the playoffs i can't see past the pats, think brady will pick apart the rams defence and they'll have enough in place defence wise to force goff into mistakes

10. ThestigGT999

Soldato

works for today

11. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Maybe the Refs have some money on the Rams again though... ;)

12. mp260767

Capodecina

can't be that lucky twice :(

13. booyaka

Capodecina

I want Rams to win but Brady will sit in the pocket and just gradually pick apart the Rams secondary as he always does.

Goff, whilst as good as he is this early in his career, has the odd few mistakes in him which Brady doesn't usually make

14. trigg_27

Hitman

I really want the Rams to win. Maybe then Kroenke will see a team becomes more profitable when they win trophies and decide to invest in Arsenal.

However, I can't see past another win to add to Brady's collection

15. neviditelny

Hitman

What time is kick off supposed to be?

16. ThestigGT999

Soldato

23:30

for people that do not want to watch Maroon 5

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  17. robfosters

Caporegime

That’s the reason I will be supporting the rams.

The hope that the taste of success breeds more desire for it in him.

COME ON THE RAMS!!!

18. lee32uk

Underboss

I think it will be a pretty close game, but the Patriots will edge it. I would like to see the Rams win it though, just because it would be back to back SB losses for Brady and co :D

19. robfosters

Caporegime

I don’t know squat about NFL, but was doing some reading up on the patriots. Amazing how long Brady and the coach have been there for. The coach is up there with Fergie and Wenger levels!

20. No1newts

Capodecina

Hahahaha omg what a start