NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
Mildly satisfied with the Cowboys progress so far this season, but its week 5 now, time to step it up, had some time to get the new players bedded in and coping ok without Dez, Witten though, 1 more year would have been great!

Soldato
Bengals looking pretty beat up with Boyd, Mixon and Eiffert out and Green carrying a niggle.

We have Vontz back but I don't think he'll last a game before he's suspended again :p

Soldato
Bengals getting it done! KC/Jags ended up a good match up when it looked early stages like another easy Chiefs win. Scary seeing the Chiefs have a D but also how they picked apart a brilliant Jags D at times.

Soldato
KC/Jags ended up a good match up when it looked early stages like another easy Chiefs win.

Really? I only saw a few moments from the game, but it never looked in doubt for the Chiefs? Wasn't it generally a two score game all the way through?

Some games ended up with good finishes. That huge FG to win for the Panthers. The Browns taking it at the end of OT.

It's always nice seeing the Giants and Eagles lose :) I've yet to watch the Cowboys from the late game, but it gives us (Redskins) a better chance in the NFC East.

I have to say, I'm really starting to like the not knowing if a PAT will be good. Adds some extra tension and surprises to games.

**EDIT**

Okay, things are even better. I didn't expect the NFC East to be so weak this season. Even if we lose tonight to the Saints (reasonable chance we do!) we still hold the lead in the division! I have some hope we could make the playoffs this season!

Last edited:
Soldato
Really? I only saw a few moments from the game, but it never looked in doubt for the Chiefs? Wasn't it generally a two score game all the way through?

Some games ended up with good finishes. That huge FG to win for the Panthers. The Browns taking it at the end of OT.

It's always nice seeing the Giants and Eagles lose :) I've yet to watch the Cowboys from the late game, but it gives us (Redskins) a better chance in the NFC East.

I have to say, I'm really starting to like the not knowing if a PAT will be good. Adds some extra tension and surprises to games.

**EDIT**

Okay, things are even better. I didn't expect the NFC East to be so weak this season. Even if we lose tonight to the Saints (reasonable chance we do!) we still hold the lead in the division! I have some hope we could make the playoffs this season!

The Jags took it to 2 score, took an onside kick and got it back at the 48. In standard Bottles fashion he threw a pick at the end of the drive but it was really tense and the Chiefs were 3 starters down on D after 2 ejections and an injury.

The Browns scuff kick was such a Browns way to win haha.

Vikings game was good but I missed the end as I was too tired. Can't wait for Bengals next week, typical the Steelers hit a hit game just before it but the Bengals D is looking dangerous.

Soldato
So, you have Dak, who can charge for a couple of yards when needed, and Zeke.....4th and 1 in OT and you punt...really? REALLY?

Miserable defeat that :(

Soldato
got lucky again this week, but finally in a tight game the defence stepped up after letting the seahawks put up as many points as they did, although i was wondering if that missed point would cost us :(.

think we had to go for it on 4th and 1, as there was enough time left for the seahawks to got down the other end if we punted.

and no i'm not trying to keep an "underdog" tag going :D, goff got intercepted in the end zone again, 2 interceptions in all, we let a seahawks team who arn't close to as good as they used to be put up over 30 points and they had 3 catches for 30+ yds, with one for a td that i have no idea wtf peters was thinking of....

Soldato
Well that was a pretty depressing game to watch! We threw it away early with some silly penalties, although to me the officiating seemed pretty bad. For example, a horsecollar tackle penalty when the guy got pushed down onto his front... just because he had his hand in the back of his pads. Some missed blatent holding penalties and some dubious defensive holding penalties on us. Anyway, the Saints were clearly better, a lot of my hope just vanished watching how we couldn't protect Smith. My only consolation was Smith running a TD in meant I won my fantasy game by 4...

Associate
and no i'm not trying to keep an "underdog" tag going :D, goff got intercepted in the end zone again, 2 interceptions in all, we let a seahawks team who arn't close to as good as they used to be put up over 30 points and they had 3 catches for 30+ yds, with one for a td that i have no idea wtf peters was thinking of....

The Rams are the best team in the NFL and you are crazy if you think otherwise :p

Soldato
The Rams are the best team in the NFL and you are crazy if you think otherwise :p
offensively i think we're up there, but defensively i think we're no where near where we should be with the players we have.

looking at the schedule we've got a easyish run as well, save for the saints & chiefs so the play offs shouldn't be an issue.

my main issue is that the offence will have at least 1 off day, it happened in the play offs last year and it happens to all teams, but currently i don't think our defence will be able to cover for it, which i put down in a very large part down to wade phillips and his insistence that they switch to a 3-4 system.

Back
Top Bottom