NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
Agreed, I love it now. The only down time is usually around half time of the second games, so maybe around 10:45pm. Apart from that it's pretty constant action and you know you wont miss any great finishes.

Soldato
I watch RedZone through GamePass. I think it might be on offer at the moment, I guess because we're a third of the way into the season.

Some great games last night, with some great reactions -

YGBshsuh.png.jpg

ISIFxNSh.png.jpg

As a Redskins fan, wow, another finish that I actually thought we'd throw away, but well done to the guys. We're now two games clear in the NFC East, which surprises me somewhat. Was glad to see Cam came back and beat the Eagles, that helps us out. Our D is actually playing quite well, the new D Line we've put together looks a real force. If the O can just get in sync for a full game, we have a reasonable chance of taking the division, mainly due to the other teams being quite weak!

Soldato
look on his face at the end was a classic :D

nice win for the rams, gurley not the top rusher for us :eek:, even better to see Zuerlein back to kicking duties, fingers crossed he can stay fit.........

Yeah his face must be giffed for that look of utter, utter shock. He didn't even look disappointed as the shock hadn't faded :D

It was a complete cluster **** of errors by both teams in OT that I think a tie would have been fairer but there you go.

Really can see Mayfield, Mahomes and Darnolf all being stars and being at the top for years to come.

Soldato
out of the 3 mahomes seems to have settled a little better, had heard that they reduced the number of plays to be called to allow him to understand them better than try and get him to understand the whole play book, which i think has helped him gain a little confidence.

mayfield/darnold just need to ease of on trying to force some of their throws, hopefully come with the game time their getting.

noticed bortles got pulled in the jags game, little suprised as he's playing to his normal form for me, not quite sure what's happened to the jags defence hadn't heard of them having many injuries ?

Soldato
interesting few trades so far with Apple from the giants, no real suprise after the issues last season, but a loss for them as a top pick.

not sure why the raiders have let cooper go ?, was decent and while maybe not a no1 target more than decent enough for them.

carlos hyde to the jags, bit suprised at that i know chubb has done well so far but i would have thought hyde's experience would have been helpful.

Soldato
just caught a clip/discussion off the bbc show, after a "professional" foul in the panthers/eagles game, and whether its punished severly enough.

they couldn't come up with a punishment that would fit the play, football its a pen/red card, ice hockey its a penalty shot, basketball have free throws, the presenter said about the player being sent off and the 2 ex players went mental :D.

short of a player going off not sure there is anything that would work, as the number of points available for a TD out weigh most the 3 games i mentioned above.

Soldato
just caught a clip/discussion off the bbc show, after a "professional" foul in the panthers/eagles game, and whether its punished severly enough.

they couldn't come up with a punishment that would fit the play, football its a pen/red card, ice hockey its a penalty shot, basketball have free throws, the presenter said about the player being sent off and the 2 ex players went mental :D.

short of a player going off not sure there is anything that would work, as the number of points available for a TD out weigh most the 3 games i mentioned above.

Yeah I saw the same clip. I think the rule is fair as it is at the moment. Stuff like the Bradberry pass interference don't happen too often and I'd argue that the p.i. call is advantage enough. The Eagles had every chance to score thanks to that p.i. call and they failed to do so. It's a bit like a penalty in football in that sense, the opposition might have denied a potential goal but the referee has given the other team a chance to make up for it from the penalty spot. If the penalty taker fails to score then that's on them.

Soldato
the play just surpised me as their usually a bit more "subtle", ie the ball is usually close to the players, this was just an open field tackle, guess the defender figured that he was getting left behind and wouldn't be in touching distance by the time the ball actually got there ?

for me something like the play shown could get the ball put at the 1yd line, still not guareteed a score but a decent chance.

Of course the issue as always being with interpretation of being a blatent foul like the one highlighted and 99% of the other pass interference calls.

Back
Top Bottom