NFL 2021 Season

Soldato
Well, it's almost on us. What are people's thoughts?

As a WFT fan, I'm reasonably optimistic, but I've been there before recently, so I'll just wait and see how things go.

Did anyone watch Hard Knocks? Is it just me, or does Zeke come across as a bit 'simple'? A bit of a village idiot? Probably a very harsh viewpoint, he just seems... odd?

Also, should we talk fantasy in this thread, or make a new one? I did my draft last night and can't decide who to cut -

BRANDIN COOKS
JERRY JEUDY
JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER
ANTONIO BROWN
Philly D (I have the Bills D too)
DEVIN SINGLETARY

I'm leaning towards cutting the Philly D... Thoughts?

Soldato
OP
Old habits are hard to break. Can we say #HTTR instead?

It was an odd game. I'm a little concerned our D didn't perform better, given that's what carried us so far last year. I'm happy with the O though. It's a shame about Fitzmagic, but at the same time, I was comfortable with Heinicke based on what we saw last year. I think there's a chance he actually develops into a solid starter.

Soldato
OP
How do you mean? He's got Covid hasn't he? He's out for maybe 10 days as I don't think he's vaccinated.

Or do you mean his John Wick Halloween costume?

zRB4LWk.png

Or maybe you mean literally right now? I don't know, but probably sleeping, it's like 2am over there.

Soldato
OP
mahomes looks like he hasn't got a clue at the moment, some of his throws are really poor, what made it worse was that he was out thrown by Love

Love looked terrible in the first half. He had no form, looked really panicked and was endangering his receivers with some terribly placed balls. Then he seemed to calm down and had a really encouraging second half. Maholmes has looked really bad this year. Maybe he's believing his own hype too much? He's thrown balls up that he really shouldn't on a few occasions now.

Soldato
OP
Some really odd results yesterday. It's quite a weird season generally I guess. Have we ever had it this even? There are maybe two or three terrible teams, but it seems this year almost anyone can beat anyone else on 'any given Sunday'.

Soldato
OP
When will we move on from this whole Covid thing? When will it be the same as someone with a cold/flu? What will happen when one of the Superbowl teams has 20 players on the Covid list a day before the big game?

Amongst other things, my fantasy team has been ravaged before my Semi Final game, thankfully I picked up Damien Harris and Sony Michel and started them, for about 55 points and I'm through into the final!

Soldato
OP
A variety of things going wrong for my fantasy final, including the fact I had Antonio Brown in my lineup... where's he going! :cry::cry::cry:

How great are the Jets balling at the moment though.

Me (WFT fan) and my brother (Raiders fan) always joke about Redzone not liking either of our teams. Have we actual seen a 'live' drive from either of those games?

Soldato
OP
So it turns out my team did okay, Metcalf grabbing 3 TD's put me ahead by 22 and he just has Deante Johnson to go tonight. I've been running this fantasy league for 20 years now, this could be just the second time I win... (4 trips to the final now) Don't want to get ahead of myself yet though.
Seeing Matt Ryan get a penalty for taunting after getting a TD, then having his TD reversed when they checked the taunting penalty absolutely made my day. :cry:

Yeah, that was pretty funny/stupid.

Soldato
OP
Did anyone NOT see it? :cry: He's on my fantasy team too... but I couldn't be mad, it was too funny.

Do we know what it was about yet? Or just AB being AB... Will anyone else take him on? I didn't think they would last time, but...

Soldato
OP
Yeah, Steelers and Ravens must have the tie breakers is all.

Tweet I saw from the local paper over there was that he felt he had an injury, and didn't want to go on. Bruce and the offensive team said if you're not willing to go on when we tell you to, you have no place in the team. He threw a wobbly and walked off. Since has had scans that prove he's injured and was playing through pain, but I haven't seen any evidence of those scans.

Yeah, I think I heard something like that too. Tbf, I might do something similar if someone was telling me 'tough, you need to play injured'. That's not the teams call to make. I guess the team basically aren't believing him. I did play injured and it's the one thing I regret, looking back as I'm suffering from it still.

Soldato
OP
raiders should have played to a tie

I thought it quite odd. There's a risk in kicking that FG, taking a knee was less risk... I think if I was a Chargers fan I'd be annoyed. Mind you, I think when they had the ball on the Raiders 20 with 5 mins left, they threw two incompletions. I would have already been playing for the draw at that point, run the ball twice, kick the FG and give the ball back with 2:30 left. If you're the Raiders, surely you then just run the clock out? Also, why did the Chargers take that timeout? Just seems some bad leadership decisions cost them...

A bit like those two Ravens games they lost because they failed two point conversions earlier in the year.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, that 4th down was another bizarre decision...

I generally love the 2 point attempts to take the win (when it's as good as the last play of the game) but... I think you have to read the situation and how happy you would be to go into overtime. I think someone did it earlier in the year, they had great momentum, the opposing offence was really struggling and they went for 2 failed and lost the game. I felt if they went into OT they would almost certainly have won...

Back
Top Bottom