NFL 2021 Season

Caporegime
It's a bit of both, definitely an element of a mistake on the punt in both getting the heel clipped and Ray Ray not catching it with 3 attempts. That said, there were equal number of Chiefs in that area and could have hit one of them first -> in which case its impossible for Niners to turn it over

Similarly for the Chief's botched hand offs, fumbles, 'fumble' forward pass for their first down.

Ultimately Niners ****** themselves having to rely on those things going their way when they had ample opportunity to not be reliant on them.

Last edited:
Associate
The miami guard got a contract averaging 20m yr. For a guard! Great player btw but that's tackle money in mind.

Safety position going the same way the RB position did? The list of them on 10m or more are growing smaller.

Associate
I guess that's the cost for the Panthers to upgrade a real area of need. I've heard the term 'fool's gold' a lot again tonight (same as every year).

Again don't know how moves pan out but I feel like GB have made some smart moves. Eagles getting Barkley must be annoying for Giants fans. Apparently the Bears were in the final two for him but he choose Philly. If that is true I wonder if we just pivoted to the cheaper pass-catching back.

I did see this the other day on Twitter...sorry X, which I thought was quite interesting. Average annual cap hit adjusted to 2024 levels for every position on a team.

Last edited:
Associate
Bears vindicated moving on and snuffed out those debating they should stick with him. There was no market for him when push came to shove which tells you what the rest of league think about him.

Associate
I do think it was very bad timing with Fields as well, even if he's not worth that much. A number of high profile veterans, 4-6 high rated draft QBs and the fact it was very known the Bears were going QBs (i.e. looking at the combine reporting with the benefit of hindsight).

It would have been better to trade him last year before the deadline or have him on your books into this season. That said I don't think that would have been at all healthy for Williams coming into. And that's much more important than whether you get a 4th or 6th for your old QB.

Associate
Anyone watching tonight?

Given the Bears two picks in the top ten, could be an exciting night. New QB and get to find out what they do at 9.

Feel like it would be great if one of the top-3 WRs fell to our ninth pick and we go with one of those, albeit I do wonder if the Bears are actually going to go DT/DE to patch up a need there. I think we can ride this season with limited DL and deal with it later but I don't know if the Bears see it the same.

Also going to be exciting to see who succumbs to a trade first between the 2nd to 5th picks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom