Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
The only one that ever got me regular complements was Huntsman's 40th anniversary batch, which is not in circulation anymore. Considering they make suits, I have no hope of ever getting it again, but it's awesome when a woman says "who smells nice" and you can say with confidence that it's you. Nothing since has ever gotten me that kind of reaction.

Soldato
My daily is Mont Blanc Legend

Yeah, I like that one. I was bought a sample aftershave set from Boots last Christmas with a voucher to the sum of a bottle of aftershave from the set. When I went to redeem it the Legend was out of stock. I went for the Paco Rabanne Invictus which I wear regularly.

Last edited:

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I got given a couple of very nice but damn strong scents.

I have the aqua di pama colonia oud, which my brother got me for my bday last yr from Dubai. Seen it in John Lewis for about £170 for 100ml bottle.

The second one is the Armani Prive Rose d'arabie, 100ml which again sells for about £210 in John Lewis. My mum got me that bottle for about £150 in Abu Dhabi last month on her way back from Pakistan.

Strong smelling scents and last me a good day.

You'll probably love D&G Desert Oud and Velvet Tender Oud. Both INCREDIBLE and very wearable Oud scents. I just can't justify spending over 200 on one considering my current collection (which is so out of hand I've got bottles going bad / going off :()

Soldato
To those looking at getting Aventus - try Armaf Club De Nuit
They are Identical and Armaf is much much cheaper.

Also another good match is Terre De Hermes and Yardly Citrus and Wood. Smell the same practically and the Yardly is cheaper.

My current favourite is Bleu de Chanel

Nate

Associate
i had a search but most of what I found was ancient so decided to start one. No doubt someone will link me to a thread which is only on page three or something, in which case I apologise.

Anyway, after finding a discount code (now expired) I decided to order some samples. Creed Aventus was out of stock which was a shame as I've heard it's lovely, but I ordered three 3ml samplers of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Noir and Oud Wood. Anyone else have anything they like or can recommend? I'm nearly out of Armani Diamond rocks for men and still have a fair bit of Huge Boss Dark Blue left.

I am a massive Tom Ford fan. I initially purchased the Black Orchid, followed by Violet Orchid, then the Noir Extreme (my favourite from the standard range) and then grey vetiver (my least favourite). The private collection I love and have Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather (my favourite), Tobacco Oud, Santal Blush, Neroli Portofino, Shanghai Lily and Venetian Bergamot. Writing that I realise how much I have spent on his aftershave. Disagree with the poster further up that it is not office wear. I think it finishes an outfit and they are such distinct smells that stay all day. The private collection is quite good for layering up and combining scents as well.

Caporegime
Creed Aventus is probably the best of all time. Unbeatable. In a way I'm glad it's so expensive as it stops it from becoming the next Acqua Di Gio or something with absolutely everyone wearing it on nights out.

YSL La Nuit is my second fave, although it seems to be hit and miss with the quality lately...

Permabanned
What is it with 2017? I am already constantly assaulted by odours from males (note----NOT MEN),
who seem to delight in smelling like a tart's handkerchief. It's bad enough when some bint
takes the taste of your ale away with her excess of some catalogue number, but intolerable
when some bloke tries to emulate her. Jeez, males here are even calling it perfume now,
and not "after shave"...

Back
Top Bottom