Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Anyone who thinks creed smells better or is superior to anything else cause of the price tag is wrong.

There is better out there for way less. People wanna waste money tho I guess.

Man of Honour
Agreed about creed. It's very nice but it hardly warrants the obscene price tag. Talk about farcical.

I have mixed feelings - it is kind of nice if you find a spray that is a decent enough scent and reasonably unique and expensive enough you don't find suddenly everyone is wearing it.

Man of Honour
I don't think people are suggesting Creed is better because it's expensive. It just happens to smell fantastic (to me) but is unfortunate expensive.

There are fragrances that I like nearly as much and are much cheaper. But nevertheless it still happens to be my favourite. It's also the one that I've had the most compliments for. But everyone's taste is different and fragrances also smell different on each person.

So I tend to wear a cheaper fragrance most of the time with Aventus for occasional use. But I wear it because I love it rather than because it's expensive.

Caporegime
Why? Horses for courses and all that. I could reel off a list but not everyone has the same tastes.

Well then as you've said it's down to the individual, instead of stating there's better for less you could name a few for people to try and give their verdict, people have likely already tried some of them as well as Creed so can give their view.

Permabanned
Shocked to see how much Fahrenheit is now! Loved it as a kid but it was too common to wear as an adult. Also love the Hugo Boss in the water bottle style flask. Probably my all time favourite.

Soldato
Anyone bought anything from the river place? I think they are selling fakes because I bought Paco Rabanne 1 Million and Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio and although both smell great they don't last very long at all

Man of Honour
I've never found Paco Rabanne 1 Million lasts that long, decent scent but couple of hours or so and its barely noticeable (for others not just me getting used to it) mine came from Boots so probably authentic. Never tried the other.

Man of Honour
Chanel Allure Homme for work.

Viktor Rolf Spicebomb for nights out/weekend.

Women love both, but I get crazy amount of compliments with Spice Bomb, it's unreal.

Man of Honour
One thing you will get with some Amazon sellers and some other independent websites is that some of them are selling authentic but out of region versions of the products and often it seems non-UK versions aren't a patch on the UK ones :s

Soldato
Chanel Allure Homme for work.

Viktor Rolf Spicebomb for nights out/weekend.

Women love both, but I get crazy amount of compliments with Spice Bomb, it's unreal.
A girl friend of mine remarked the other week "eugh I don't like that aftershave you're wearing!" referring to spice bomb. My response was.... "er, wut?!"

Back
Top Bottom