Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Is this the real stuff? Just had a quick look £47 I think for 30ml which is half the price of buying it in store. Seems a good price if it’s genuine

Prices fluctuate per batch too it seems, I think I paid £40 for the last 30ml I bought. Seems genuine from the two bottles I've bought so far.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Is that a seller of genuine Aventus is it or a copy?
Yeah its legit.

I’m starting to think it must be a dodgy batch or something especially considering most others find it lasts very well. I have noticed as you say it does seem to stay on clothes for a few days but on my skin it doesn’t seem to last more than an hour or two. It’s only that one for some reason because I can spray anything else on and smell it all day.
Might give that Toms Creed decants a go if they are trustworthy
The thing is all fragrance will last much longer on fabric, not really a fair contest against your skin and the oils on it.

Aventus is the same, spray it on a collar and its there even after being washed.

You're not the only one to say CDNI doesn't last long, just take a look at some of the reviews on Fragrantica - https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Armaf/Club-de-Nuit-Intense-Man-34696.html

Very nice, but tends not to last very long
https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Rasasi/Al-Wisam-Day-19650.html

Much cheaper and very nearly identical. :)

Soldato
CDNI is great, the bottle I got from Amazon has near identical performance and scent to my buddys genuine bottle of Aventus from which I had a 2ml sample of.

Also loving Acqua Di Gio Profumo, especially nice straight after a shower - very fresh.

I went by a friend's recommendation for a cheap and fresh scent for the office.. David Beckham's Instinct. Bought a 75ml bottle for £12 and its seriously better than the price tag suggests. Ignoring the fact that it's a celebrity branded frag, it's a solid choice for wearing daily. It's not going to net you compliments but it lasts through a typical 9-5 and is very refreshing.

Another cheap but strong recommendation is Sultan by Al-Rehab. I picked up a 6ml roller from Amazon and stowed it in my rucksack for holiday to use as a freshen up between stops. Nice and spicy, but not too strong and for £2.80 delivered I had no complaints at all. It's a bit like a soapy SpiceBomb.

Soldato
Current fragrances are:

Acqua di Gio
Terre D'Hermes
Prada L'Homme Intense
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino

I think I've got a pretty good balance that covers different occasions, different times of day and different seasons, though I'm always on the lookout for new ones. I'd love a bottle of Creed Aventus and I'd also like to get Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud or Leather, or Tom Ford Oud Wood or Tobacco Oud, but they're are all very pricey and while I'm saving up for a house I really can't justify spending the money on them.

Associate
I think you lot use threads like these to attempt to project wealth. I haven't heard of half of these, what's the matter with Blue Stratos?
There's nothing wrong with Blue Stratos if that's what your nose enjoys

I'm certainly not rich by any stretch of the imagination, lol
I just happen to like fragrances and seem to have collected quite a few over time. A few of them may be expensive, niche scents, but there are quite a few cheaper ones too.
I've not updated my basenotes wardrobe in quite some time, but according to that list i had 46 bottles at one point, plus a couple hundred samples

Associate
Really? Everyone talking about which cheap knockoff smells the most like the expensive stuff gives you that impression?

Was thinking most are talking about clones on here which are significantly more affordable than the label they are copying. CDNI for instance is £30 versus £220 for Aventus.

If people are buying genuine high end colognes they are normally buying splits as the high end stuff simply has bottle taxation. For instance a split of Creed from Tom's Decants is £40.49 for 30ml of Aventus.

Shawrey

Soldato
I think you lot use threads like these to attempt to project wealth. I haven't heard of half of these, what's the matter with Blue Stratos?

You mean my £8 bottle from perfume parlour ;)

joking aside, I do have the original creed which I think is very overrated. Yes it smells amazing, but it simply doesn't last or project that well. Both PP and CDNI are far superior. Maybe my decant from toms and fragrancedirect was iffy, but both? although I do have quite dry skin so that could be it.

still have a 150ml of old spice which I got for £4 from wilkos.......still a good 'un

Back
Top Bottom