Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Associate
I had a spray of the new Issey Miyake L'Eau Super Majeure D'Issey at the weekend at the Street Clarkes Village Perfume Shop and this peaked my interest for a strong aqua smell. More of a summer scent but strangely worked well in what was a chilly afternoon.

It had a bright opening bursting with zingy freshness. The drydown came in around the 1hr mark and you could smell the salty sea and a hint of warm leathery wood. After about 1.5hrs the base notes of amber and a smokey vanilla come through in to the mix to make a rather pleasing scent overall - nothing exceptional that blew me away but still very easy on the nose and more importantly - very wearable.

Performance was solid! It projected well for a number of hours and it it lingered in the air when I walked about so sillage was very good. It had good staying power as after a shower I and Mrs Shawrey could still smell it on my skin a few hours after that.

Definitely earmarked a bottle of this for spring next year.

Shawrey

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Now the colder days are amongst us, What’s everyones autumn/winter scent of choice?
Off the top of my head. Valentino Uomo Intense, Prada Luna Rossa Black, L'Homme Intense, Spicebomb, Fan Di Fendi and Leyton by Parfums de Marly. Oh and I have Issey Miyake - L'eau d'Issey Noir Ambre which I haven't worn yet as I'm waiting for it to get colder. :D

Thinking of picking up a bottle of Valentino Uomo Intense EDP, for autumn/winter.

Any opinions ? Reviews well on fragrantica.
Lovely - one of my favourites, similar to LRB but more going on.

Sample it here if you like.
https://www.fragrancesamplesuk.com/products/valentino-uomo-intense

Soldato
Now the colder days are amongst us, What’s everyones autumn/winter scent of choice?
I look forward to these colder months for this very reason! Out go the citruses and aquas, in come the orientals, the incenses and gourmands :) Namely:

Tauer l'Air du Desert Marocain
Creed Bois du Portugal
Serge Lutens Chergui, Ambre Sultan, 5 o'clock au Gingembre, Gris Clair, Santal du Mysore, Bois Vanille
L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzing!
Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician
Comme des Garcons Sequoia, Zagorsk and 2 Man
Penhaligons LP No.9
Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur [almost out - Christmas present hints need dropping :D]

Soldato
Just bought a bottle of azzaro wanted by night. I’ve had the original which was good but this one is quite a bit sweeter and less aquatic.

wGXXoLTl.jpg

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Ah I've been looking at that myself. Its been getting a lot of YT love recently, I'll be interested in your thoughts. :)

Soldato
Ah I've been looking at that myself. Its been getting a lot of YT love recently, I'll be interested in your thoughts. :)
It’s a very similar smell to the new acqua di giò absolu, with added sweetness. I’d also go as far to say it’s similar to Invictus too (I hate invictus personally) but again, with added sweetness.

Definitely a thumbs up from me. I also like the original, which was great to wear in warm weather. You could though wear this one on warm days too. It’s a versatile fragrance for sure.

Soldato
How close to the Tom Ford version is this? I recently had a sample of the Tom Ford and loved it but can't justify the price tag just at the moment and wondered if this was a pretty close scent?

Also, how much and how fast was the delivery?

I'd say it's pretty damn close to be honest. Do what I did and get a few of the Nitro stubbies to try out. Forget what the delivery cost was, but it wasn't exorbitant or I'd not have ordered.

EDIT:- Damn you - I've just ordered another bunch of stuff off them now.

Nate

Last edited:
Associate
Thinking of picking up a bottle of Valentino Uomo Intense EDP, for autumn/winter.

Any opinions ? Reviews well on fragrantica.

Valentino Uomo intense is basically a less refined DHP/Guerlain style scent - i would'nt bother with it.

i have some leather/tobacco ones for winter aswell as these (ADP Colonia Leather/Parfums d'marly Herod)

CH Men Prive is a good shout for a reasonably priced scent :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Tom ford has some real gems, but not the tobacco vanilla one....that's disgusting

Bit late to this one as I don't come in that often (despite me starting it!) but I tried this one on a recommendation in a similar thread on Pistonheads. It smells awful, like I remember my Dad's fags and made me feel ill for a good hour afterwards. Gross doesn't cover it, I thought I smelled like an ashtray. :mad:

Associate
Quite right :p 1 million always makes me choke when I smell it out in the town.

I think you’d enjoy Dior Homme parfum. (Actually, Dior is probably my favourite fragrance house. Fahrenheit Parfum is incredible too)
ha, I actually googled that Dior Homme Parfum thinking it was a new one. I didn't realise it was Dior Homme Intense lol
I absolutely love the stuff, It's great for nights out but I'm wearing it today in the office.

Soldato
I'd say it's pretty damn close to be honest. Do what I did and get a few of the Nitro stubbies to try out. Forget what the delivery cost was, but it wasn't exorbitant or I'd not have ordered.

EDIT:- Damn you - I've just ordered another bunch of stuff off them now.

Nate

Cheers, I've ended up ordering a few bits from Perfume Parlour to see if they're any good, if not I shall give M&H a try :)

What did you go for on this order?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Valentino Uomo intense is basically a less refined DHP/Guerlain style scent - i would'nt bother with it.
I assume you mean Dior Homme Parfum? I own both (DHP and VUI) and I'd say they are quite different tbh. DHP is a far more dressed up and mature fragrance compared to VUI. :)

ha, I actually googled that Dior Homme Parfum thinking it was a new one. I didn't realise it was Dior Homme Intense lol
I absolutely love the stuff, It's great for nights out but I'm wearing it today in the office.
Dior Homme Parfum and Dior Homme Intense are two different fragrances. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom