Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Just bought this for 11 quid new:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cygnus-Pour-Homme-Mens-100ml-EDP-Sterling-Flavia-/152916085875

Cannot go wrong for the price. Magnetic cap, decent bottle, and the juice is really nice. Smells almost as sweet as ultra male, but not quite there. If you're on a budget or just want a sweet smelling daily, I'd recommend this.

On the other end of the price spectrum, wearing Creed Royal Oud today. Fantastic scent, really suits the weather. My other half loves it too, great unisex fragrance.

Soldato
Will it last as long as the regular DHP?
DHI has been reformulated to death. When I had this in 2016 I would have classed this on the weaker side. It opened strong but was a weak skin scent after 3/4 hours. DHP on the other hand is a powerhouse, which was one of the reasons I sold it. It was so strong I could only wear 1 spray. I once worn 3 sprays and give myself a headache.

Soldato
My Sauvage EDP turned up today, to me personally, it doesn't smell anything like the EDT which I actually prefer.

I got that as well, they are 2 completely different fragrances to my nose. The EDT is slightly fresher, whereas the EDP is a much darker scent. I actually found I got more compliments with the EDT, but prefer the EDP myself.

Soldato
Went back to Ferragamo Black this holiday.
I know it's well regarded but I forgot how good it is especially in the mid tones.

Like most smells its not something your gonna want to wear constantly but its well worth adding to a collection.

Man of Honour
Went back to Ferragamo Black this holiday.
I know it's well regarded but I forgot how good it is especially in the mid tones.

Like most smells its not something your gonna want to wear constantly but its well worth adding to a collection.

After perusing this thread, I finally understand what was going through Paul Simon’s mind when he wrote;
“Cathy I’m lost”, I said, though I knew she was sleeping.
I don’t know thing one about assessing the aromas of aftershave, eau de toilette, perfume or whatever, but having an hour to kill at Coquelles, prior to boarding Le Shuttle to reluctantly return to U.K., I asked my wife for her opinion of Sauvage aftershave, she gave it her approved look, and I gave the guy at le comptoir €60 or thereabouts.
It smells nice to her, and me, that’s my criterion satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom