Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Oh, I thought it would just be a stronger version of the same fragrance.

So these "intense" versions are actually a different formula?
DHI is different to DHP.

The former is more vanilla/iris.

The latter is more leather/iris.

I personally prefer DHP, it performs better. And lasts a hell of a lot longer. I save it for weekends. But I wear DHI daily for work.

Edit. DHP is in stock at notino

Not cheap though :p

https://www.notino.co.uk/dior/dior-homme-parfum2014-perfume-for-men/

Last edited:
Soldato
You’ll be able to smell it 8+ hours later, it’s a real great performer. I can sometimes still smell it on clothes after they’ve been in the wash :p
I sprayed it on at 5.30am this morning and I can still smell it, I get a spice bomb kind of smell from it now, like a sweet cinnamon smell. :)

Soldato
I sprayed it on at 5.30am this morning and I can still smell it, I get a spice bomb kind of smell from it now, like a sweet cinnamon smell. :)
Yep. It turns into a leathery/chocolately/cinnamony smell for me as well. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it. Any compliments on it yet ?

Soldato
Good spot ! And a good price too.

You’ll like the Fahrenheit parfum. It tones down the “petrol” smell and amps up the vanilla. It’s much easier to wear all year round.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Coach or coach platinum is also a good shout. For a cheaper option.

Or Parfums Vintage X Batch for a Sauvage/Aventus mix. But it's a bit more pricey. Good stuff though.

All are very nice juice and you can easily get samples of them before you go full bottle. :)

Soldato
Coach or coach platinum is also a good shout. For a cheaper option.

Or Parfums Vintage X Batch for a Sauvage/Aventus mix. But it's a bit more pricey. Good stuff though.

All are very nice juice and you can easily get samples of them before you go full bottle. :)
Always fancied trying their pineapple vintage range! They any good ?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Always fancied trying their pineapple vintage range! They any good ?
If you like Aventus you will like the Pineapple Vintage line, from the old smokey batches to the newer fruity ones. :)

Then they came out with the likes of Vanilla Intense which is Aventus with a hit of vanilla - very nice.

Now they have started branching out.

You can get samples here: https://www.parfumsvintage.com/uk-usa-samples

Rather than me trying to explain the differences, take a look at this....

:)

Soldato
Went mad and bought a 200ml Light Blue Intense EDP and a 100ml Luna Rossa Carbon EDT yesterday. Both smell very nice to me and last ages. :)

Been wearing the perfume parlour Tom Ford copies recently, all very close to the original and last almost as long.

Soldato
What do people prefer, sauvage EDT or EDP?

I tried EDT but then bought EDP and not sure I like it as much, similar smells but there are differences.

Back
Top Bottom