Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
What do people prefer, sauvage EDT or EDP?

I tried EDT but then bought EDP and not sure I like it as much, similar smells but there are differences.
The edp isn’t as harsh on the Ambroxan note as the edt.

I find it warmer, and less of an assault on the senses.

There’s definitely a hint/more aniseed note in the edp too. Which I find nice

I’d definitely go with the edp if I was to ever pick it up again. (The edp will last longer as a skin scent. But it doesn’t mean it’ll project just as long unfortunately)

Associate
Wow, Perfume parlour must be busy. Not taking on anymore orders atm as they have a 10 day backlog. Fancied trying out a few of their Tom Fords and Creeds before Xmas

Soldato
The edp isn’t as harsh on the Ambroxan note as the edt.

I find it warmer, and less of an assault on the senses.

There’s definitely a hint/more aniseed note in the edp too. Which I find nice

I’d definitely go with the edp if I was to ever pick it up again. (The edp will last longer as a skin scent. But it doesn’t mean it’ll project just as long unfortunately)
Cheers :) I tend to get lucky with aftershave, seems to last hours on my skin apart from some very cheap stuff.

I'll see how I get on with the Sauvage EDP and pick up the EDT if I don't take a liking to it. :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
You could always just get a sample of it rather than a whole bottle.

Tbh there are lots of frags that are much nicer than Sauvage though. There's nothing wrong with it as such. It's just so generic .

Soldato
Sauvage is a safe crowd pleaser. Haven't come across a single person that didn't like it, EDT or EDP. I have the Parfum version as it's a lot warmer than the EDT. There are better choices but it's a great fragrance without a doubt.

Picked up some Versace Oud Noir today - lovely scent.

Also took a chance on an Arabian eBay bargain - Oud 24 hours by Al Zafaran. This is apparently very close to Tom Ford's Black Orchid. I haven't tried Black Orchid but I've had a few compliments and people ask me what I was wearing. For £10 I'm not complaining at all, very nice stuff which lasts a good 6 hours.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Y by YSL (EDP) is imo a better option to Sauvage. Still a generic crowd pleaser but not as common as the latter and imo smells better/classier.

Check out Pour Homme Noir in Primark if you're ever brave enough to enter, another Black Orchid clone that is very close to the original. :)

Soldato
Funnily enough.. I just bought a bottle of Y edp by ysl. :D Safe crowd pleaser.

Edit. First initial impression was it smells very similar to the original Issey miyake

Soldato
I found my bottle in a local Dior stockists in the town center :) that would be worth checking out.

Everywhere online seems out of stock. So either it’s being discontinued, reformulated or new packaging.

Soldato
Soldato
Would rather pay extra and get it from a legit retailer to be honest, but PayPal will cover you if it's a fake.
True, how would i know it is a fake though? Lots of very good fake aftershave bottles around, would struggle to pick out a fake between genuine bottles.

Soldato
Do you think it will be fake more than half the time as that's the difference really.

I'd rather wait for an offer. I picked up Tom Ford Ombre Leather 100ml for about a £20 reduction this week, these things go in cycles. Best to wait in my experience, especially as they last for ages.

Soldato
True, how would i know it is a fake though? Lots of very good fake aftershave bottles around, would struggle to pick out a fake between genuine bottles.

You can usually tell by the performance, or by the bottle design/batch number. I've bought fragrances from eBay and have definitely got genuine items but I'll only do it if there's a significant saving.

Also quite good to get used bottles. I bought a 40ml bottle of JPG Ultramale which had 35ml left for a weekend out. Only cost 15 quid, which is a bargain. Was getting complimented quite heavily despite it being a fairly common clubbing fragrance.

Soldato
Soldato
Armaf is a good house for cheap, good performing replicas. I have Club De Nuit Intense and Tres Nuit which are clones of Creed Aventus and Green Irish Tweed respectively. Great performance from both. The opening of CDNI is very sharp but the dry down is so similar to Aventus that I've just passed it off as Aventus to people who compliment it. I'd argue that Tres Nuit is the better scent for this time of year, and a few sprays with a jumper is office safe in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom