1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MissChief, Apr 2, 2017.

1. SpeedFreak

Soldato

Tobacco Vanille is pretty divisive, will be interested to see what you think.

2. V_R

Sgarrista

Ah Tobacco Vanille, like how it smells, just can't/won't wear it.

3. Shawreyboy

Wise Guy

The only Tobacco based smell I can get on with is Mugler's Pure Havane.

Wonderful none obtrusive winter smell of Cherry Tobacco and Vanille.

Considered a masterpiece by some.

Shawrey

4. V_R

Sgarrista

Yes Pure Havane is fantastic in the winter! As is Pure Malt.

5. Tauren

Capodecina

Guerlain have released a “cool” flanker version of their L’Homme Ideal release. I’ve ordered a bottle and will give my opinions of it when it arrives.

I’ve had both L’Homme Ideal Parfum and Intense. And both are excellent releases.

6. V_R

Sgarrista

Yeah I like the Ideal line. Might get a decant of the cool for summer myself.

7. Rikki

Wise Guy

Whoever it was in this thread that recommended:

Daarej Pour Homme

and

OUD 24 HOURS BY AL ZAAFARAN

Take a bow! Got both and LOVE them. Cant believe the price of some of the recommendations in here, truly awesome!

8. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

Just bought 100ml of calvin klein eternity for men summer as i wanted something just to wear at work and it was cheap at about £22

It lasts surprisingly well I can still smell it on me after a full work day where many more expensive have long gone in that time.

9. GIBURROWS

Mobster

Creed Vetiver is my new every day whiff.

10. Tauren

Capodecina

Got my bottle of Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cool yesterday.

So far impressions are good. I can’t quite explain what it smells like.. kind of reminds me of a minty barbershop sort of scent, with an added almond note.

It’s definitely more of a niche sort of fragrance. More for the 30+ crowd I’d say.

11. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

I mentioned I'd bought the Rasasi a while back - it's amazing for the price isn't it? There's a few others from them I'd like to try like Hawas and Shuhrah as well. Already got La Yuqawam which is basically Tuscan Leather with better performance. Good house, although prices seem to spike whenever there's some YouTube hype.

12. Rikki

Wise Guy

Could well have been you so thanks! I will check those other ones out too! :D

13. smokedog

Mobster

14. AiiR

Mobster

You just have to use your wits really. I'm also not buying anything of high value like creed or Tom ford. Have had some good bargains buying part used fragrances from people that buy blind and end up not liking it.

If ever there's any doubt I'll return to seller.

15. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Tried Gucci Guilty Cologne today, definitely something different as far as a designer freshie goes. I got the original as a gift once and it was entirely forgettable, but this flanker and the Absolute one are decent (both Alberto Morillas creations).

Also definitely decided I'm not a fan of the Armani Code DNA either - tried the new Absolu as well, which is a bit more refined than the Profumo but still smells very similar.

16. Jean-F

Wise Guy

I bought Sauvage aftershave at the Duty Free, Coquelles, France, prior to returning to U.K. on Le Shuttle some time back.
    I thought that it was very agreeable, without being overpowering, my wife agreed.
    This Sunday, we were in Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge, and seeing Sauvage there, I decided to get it again.
    The salesgirl, guessing I was unfamiliar with it, gave me a chance to sample it, I was surprised to find that it was like a very soft cream, not liquid.
    She said that it had not been in a fine liquid form for some time now, just this thin cream.
    Still, the nice aroma is just the same to me.

17. V_R

Sgarrista

18. Shawreyboy

Wise Guy

This.

I prefer the EDP myself as the EDT can be a little overwhelming with the Ambroxan smell in the opening, it's also a little more citrusy than the EDP and suits warmer days with sun blazing.

The EDP is a more refined version - less harsh on the the opening and more bergamot/lavendar smell on the dry down that changes to this amazing peppery lavender with a smooth Vanilla complimented by Ambroxan. EDP is fine for all year round.

The only issue I find with Sauvage is that everyone seems to be wearing it now.

Shawrey

19. Tauren

Capodecina

There is also an aniseed presence in the EDP which is very nice. :) it’s hands down the better version.

20. V_R

Sgarrista

Tbh, Sauvage is a rather average and very generic scent. The EDP is the better of the two mind you.

Its fine if you don't mind smelling like everyone else but there are better alternatives out there....

Pineapple Vintage X Batch
    Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
    Coach Platinum

....to name a few.