Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
just had a d&g the one large sample and its not really doing it for me (if i had afew female positive comments that would do) , also had creed aventis and bleu de channel ,again not blown away ,maybe its my sense of smell ,think next time i go to boots will have a go at the sample paper thingys
also tried the amazon clones you can get ,the girl at work asked if i had antiseptic on ,bah

Soldato
Also, any tips for the missus - need some for her birthday as she never buys it herself (she complains everything is too expensive, so i'm the one who has to buy everything).

Soldato
Also, any tips for the missus - need some for her birthday as she never buys it herself (she complains everything is too expensive, so i'm the one who has to buy everything).
It really depends on what she likes I guess. Probably best heading down to a fragrance shop and getting some advice from a sales advisor. I could rattle off a couple that I personally think smell great of women. But they might not be to her taste :p

Soldato
Is there a good reliable place to get some samples from? There's loads on eBay but I'm not sure I trust them.

I've got some Guerlain Vetiver which I love once it's had a bit of time to develop, I'd like to try TF Grey Vetiver and maybe the Noir Extreme but I want some samples that I can wear for some time and see how they smell over time.

Where do you all get your samples from?

Soldato
Purchased an early birthday present for myself this afternoon. A bottle of Prada L’homme :) anyone looking for an office safe scent should check both l’homme And l’homme l’eau out!

Associate
I have ordered a load of samples and decants over the past couple of months lol. I have 50ml aventus, 50ml MI Creed, 10ml of about 4 other creeds. 20ml Aventus cologne.

20ml pure havane 20ml pure tonka , and about 5 other smaller samples - Jubilation 25, Layton..

I need to use a few of these before I start ordering more.

I actually do not really see the point in having a full bottle unless you know its a daily wear to be honest. I have been using Basenotes for the 50ml and Toms decants for the 10ml ones

Soldato
Mugler cologne is probably the best clean smelling fragrance I've tried. Bought 100ml a month ago and it's nearly all gone!

Associate
Mugler cologne is probably the best clean smelling fragrance I've tried. Bought 100ml a month ago and it's nearly all gone!

Must give this one a go. I have a 10ml of Original Vetiver and love its clean smell, mugler cologne is supposed to be pretty similar for peanuts. How long does it last? Original Vetiver I put 2 sprays on my chest at 8.30 this morning, still getting whiffs now. Easy 8-10 hours from 2 sprays.

Soldato
Must give this one a go. I have a 10ml of Original Vetiver and love its clean smell, mugler cologne is supposed to be pretty similar for peanuts. How long does it last? Original Vetiver I put 2 sprays on my chest at 8.30 this morning, still getting whiffs now. Easy 8-10 hours from 2 sprays.

Lasts about 2-3 hours but I keep a decant in the car so I can reapply when necessary and it's not so strong that people give you funny looks for apply cologne on your lunch break. :p

Associate
Lasts about 2-3 hours but I keep a decant in the car so I can reapply when necessary and it's not so strong that people give you funny looks for apply cologne on your lunch break. :p

Yeah the Creed might be expensive but if you actually break it down it aint that bad. I think about 6 sprays per ml form my testing even though the internet claims 10 lol. £2.30 per ml for the 100ml bottle. Would last a long time in rotation and only using 1 or 2 sprays at a time.

You have blasted through 100ml in a month lol given its poor longevity. How many sprays are you using to have nealry used 100ml that quick! must be like 5 then 5 at lunch or something?

Soldato
Yeah the Creed might be expensive but if you actually break it down it aint that bad. I think about 6 sprays per ml form my testing even though the internet claims 10 lol. £2.30 per ml for the 100ml bottle. Would last a long time in rotation and only using 1 or 2 sprays at a time.

You have blasted through 100ml in a month lol given its poor longevity. How many sprays are you using to have nealry used 100ml that quick! must be like 5 then 5 at lunch or something?

Well I use it quite casually, like I'll use it at home when I'm just lounging around but douse myself in like 10-15 sprays lol. It's really soft so you can get away with it, and the smell is so pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom