Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
My son wants a new scent for his birthday, I'm looking to spend around £50, any recommendations for a teenager please?

Preferably something long lasting, but other than that, I'm open to any suggestions at all, thank you.

Soldato
My son wants a new scent for his birthday, I'm looking to spend around £50, any recommendations for a teenager please?

Preferably something long lasting, but other than that, I'm open to any suggestions at all, thank you.
Something fresh like this would be my pick. Lasts ages too

Different tastes and all that though. Maybe pop out and see if you can sample some stuff.

Also anyone else looking for royal oud they have it allbeauty too

Last edited:
Associate

Drakkar Noir is an old staple and still smells good after all these years, for £50 you could get a 100ml and the deodorant.

Soldato
Just received a bottle of the new YSL MYSLF.

Sort of reminds me of Venetian bergamot, which isn’t a bad thing. Quite enjoying it. Might lean too feminine for some though.

nam

nam

Soldato
Something fresh like this would be my pick. Lasts ages too

Different tastes and all that though. Maybe pop out and see if you can sample some stuff.

Also anyone else looking for royal oud they have it allbeauty too

Have the creed royal oud , but have gone above that now to Ombre Nomad and Montale Arabians Tonka. The strength and longevity is insane

Soldato
Grey Vetiver parfum. Never tried the original. But this stuff is sublime.

Edit. After getting accustomed to it a little more - it sort of reminds me of Ganymede, but without the B.O drydown. (And yes, in the late stages, Ganymede can come across as slightly body odorish)
IMG-0837.jpg

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
have the following If anyone is interested. can pop in post, Just not for me. I have been spolied by omre nomade. Giorgio Armani Privé Oud Royal × 1 3ML SPRAY SAMPLE from fragrance samples

Soldato
Got some Musc Ravageur on the way by Malle.

French lover is fantastic, so I thought I may as well add ravageur to the collection.

Also a heads up. Word on the grapevine is there is a Oud Wood parfum being released soon from what I hear. (Tom Ford)

Last edited:
Associate
Any former fans of YSL Rive Gauche who have been able to find a good alternative? Hadn't realised it's been discontinued a few years ago, and it's one of my favourite barbershop scents. My old can bottle has what feels like 10-15ml left. I'll be sad to be done with it.

Soldato
Any former fans of YSL Rive Gauche who have been able to find a good alternative? Hadn't realised it's been discontinued a few years ago, and it's one of my favourite barbershop scents. My old can bottle has what feels like 10-15ml left. I'll be sad to be done with it.
If you’re looking for a more up to date barbershop, give Tom fords “Beau De Jour” a go. I absolutely love it. It’s got the classic barber shop vibe, with some up to date facets to it too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well. I got my order of Musc Ravageur in the post yesterday. Good lord it smells amazing. This is winter / Christmas in a bottle. But, it’ll also totally be wearable in summer evenings.

Soldato
Edit

I have both and I must say, it Smells very similar to amouage reflection man.

Edit. It’s actually a lot stronger than reflection, honestly! Holy smokes. Can’t wait to wear it tomorrow.

IMG-0855.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Was just introduced to Molecules 01... the general opinion is you can't really smell it on yourself but I think I'm getting wafts and I quite like it!

Also got given a card with some Byredo spritzed on it, was very nice too - damned expensive though.

Soldato
Haven’t bought anything in a while..

Treated myself to a 30ml bottle of Pengaligons Halfeti. Always hear good things about this but never had to chance to sniff it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just bought myself the black bottle “Explorer” mont blanc. Smells like sauna initially then eases off and has longer notes smelling nice. Quite a powerful smell that travels well.

The red montblanc legend smells of coke, the blue smells ok initially but goes downhill rapidly.

I have the black and white legend already. Black is formal and more suit/going out but the white is more sporty/everyday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom