Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Wearing Marleys new Perseus today. Loving this a lot. People compare it to TDH, but honestly, it smells nothing like it. Amazing performance too

IMG-0012.jpg

Last edited:
Versace Eros Eau de Parfum is my latest, for some reason reminds me of clubbing in the early 90's.
I have this. Got it last summer when I went shopping with a voucher. I sampled about 10 popular brands and it was between this and Sauvage. Thing with Sauvage when I sampled them, there were about 5 different ones which well confused me. All very, very similar so sacked it off and got Eros because it smelt more summery and more of a freshie.

I have this. Got it last summer when I went shopping with a voucher. I sampled about 10 popular brands and it was between this and Sauvage. Thing with Sauvage when I sampled them, there were about 5 different ones which well confused me. All very, very similar so sacked it off and got Eros because it smelt more summery and more of a freshie.
Sauvage comes in …

EDT
EDP
Parfum
And elixir which is basically an edp but smells nothing like the other three

I find The more concentrated you go, the less fresh a fragrance becomes.

Wearing Marleys new Perseus today. Loving this a lot. People compare it to TDH, but honestly, it smells nothing like it. Amazing performance too

They compare it to one of the flankers - Eau Givree - not the original.

I’m always hesitant to buy any PDM because they’re all extremely synthetic (not a bad thing) which makes them easier to dupe than things with lots of naturals, real oud/ambergris etc.

They compare it to one of the flankers - Eau Givree - not the original.

I’m always hesitant to buy any PDM because they’re all extremely synthetic (not a bad thing) which makes them easier to dupe than things with lots of naturals, real oud/ambergris etc.
Yeah I have eau givree, smells nothing like that either.

It kinda reminds me of those old magazine fragrance inserts. Mixed with the magazine print / ink.

Last week I got myself a handful of PP clones to try out, still wanting something nice for the summer that performs really well, particularly for when I'm dancing.

I got myself:
Tom Ford Cherry Smoke - amazing boozy cherry, more autumn/winter but really lovely and seems to last reasonably on me.
Invictus Aqua - Nice and fresh, decent for the summer but performance on me is not great.
Erba pura - a sweet fruity scent which I really like, lasts forever but very close to something my ex used to wear, so mixed emotions on this one
Armani Code Profumo - a nice scent, quite summery, ok performance for me.
Elysium Pour Homme Eau Intense - a strong scent which I'm not keen on, too greeny and planty for my liking, seems to last well
Haltane - I like this initially but it ends up too powdery for my liking, lasts very well though.
Virgin Island Water - a citrus and coconutty scent which is nice for the summer, lasts ok on me.

So far I've not found something which works really well for me. Ideally I'd like a scent which projects and lasts as well as Sauvage (which lasts hours on me) but is more fresh and summery. Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm probably going to get chastised for this but I really like the lynx signature pump sprays for everyday casual use, they are basically fragrance spritzers for men, they are disguised in metal so you wouldn't assume they are spritzers, probably because it might put some men off being that spritzers are more traditionally for women, I really like them because they don't have that distinct aerosol smell to them, they are cheap and small, ideal for a back pack, it's a shame there isn't more spritzers on the market for men really.

I know this is a thread for 'nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs' but thought people might not be aware this product exists and might be handy.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to get chastised for this but I really like the lynx signature pump sprays for everyday casual use, they are basically fragrance spritzers for men, they are disguised in metal so you wouldn't assume they are spritzers, probably because it might put some men off being that spritzers are more traditionally for women, I really like them because they don't have that distinct aerosol smell to them, they are cheap and small, ideal for a back pack, it's a shame there isn't more spritzers on the market for men really.

I know this is a thread for 'nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs' but thought people might not be aware this product exists and might be handy.

I actually use one of those as one of my daily wears, the Oud Wood and Dark Vanilla, it's surprisingly nice and lasts well.

Off on a slight tangent but I'm looking for some recommendations for complimentary pleasant whiffs, so something for a woman and then something for myself that works with it. If it even possible or worth doing.

A few sites I use which have all been good

SeeScents
Sephora
Allbeauty
Escentual
Harvey Nichols

It’s all down to personal preference though.. one persons taste can wildly vary from the next. (I really dread receiving fragrances as gifts :p ) Best place to start is either basenotes forums, or maybe reading up on some Fragrantica reviews.

Last edited:
I used to love Givenchy Very Irresistible for Men but it's been out of production for years, has anybody ever used it and found a good alternative?

I finally caved in and bought the 100ml bottle of Tom Ford Lost cherry, i've been going into stores and trying it on for the best part of a year now and I just couldn't' justify spending almost $900 on a bottle of perfume when the most i've spent before was about $220 on a bottle of Fahrenheit! This stuff puts a smile on my face every time i get a whiff though so I thought it was worthwhile!

53812278330_2d15500c5e_b_d.jpg

Lost cherry is nice but no way I'm paying original prices for there aftershaves it's ridiculous.

Most ill pay is £50 why I dont mind Versace range not overly expensive but some good fragrances, but when start charging £200 plus that obscene.

Tom Ford got some good fragrances though I now have Tobacco Vanille clone from TF and I'm liking that right now.

Back
Top Bottom