Ninja Gaiden

Soldato
I've had Ninja Gaiden for quite a while now but as i'm on a two week holiday i'm only really getting to play it fully now and Woooohooooo what a game it is....

I'm just after killing by far the hardest boss i've fought yet.....Alma in the Monastery and now working my way through Chapter 8...It's the first XBox game, sorry, game on any system thats gripped me since Call of Duty.....It's graphically stunning (imho)....The bosses are excellent and the more power you gain the even more gorey your combos become....

If you haven't got this game, i can't recommend it enough...It's rather difficult at stages but keep at it....

As the McD's advert says.....I'm Loving It :D

Man of Honour
Alma is definitely the hardest boss in the game, but what a game it is. It's easily in my top 5 games of all time, one of the few games I could complete and then have no qualms about going through a 2nd time. If you're on Xbox Live, then prepare for the Hurricane Pack which is to be released early August (3rd I think), which has some great improvements, and a new weapon as well. Just wish I was on Xbox Live to get it :(

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Its so damn hard tho! :mad: I'm stuck at the bit (under monestry) where you have to go through the red room and blue room to unlock the big door with the tentacle feind in there.... But he kicks my ass every time :(

That red room blue room bit is soooo annoying cause it takes ages to do and is generally just fustrating :(

Apart from that, great great game tho one of the best ever! :D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by -DT-
Its so damn hard tho! :mad: I'm stuck at the bit (under monestry) where you have to go through the red room and blue room to unlock the big door with the tentacle feind in there.... But he kicks my ass every time :(

That red room blue room bit is soooo annoying cause it takes ages to do and is generally just fustrating :(

The tentacle dude is easy, just slice off his tentacles, then get in close and smack him about, then back off as his tentacles respawn. Rinse and repeat as necessary :)

Oh, and he's not even the boss of that level ;)

Soldato
OP
If your at that point you'll have already met the tentacle guy outside the monestry when he eats the big bossomed blonde bird :D

Same method my good man ;)

*edit* having said that....You got a lot more running space when you fight him outside......Inside is close quarters :eek:

Soldato
Totaly agree

The best in game movies i have ever seen - on any platform.

Its mega difficult but well pitched.
Everything seems impossible first time , hard second time , but after dying then redoing it , seems almost easy!

Up to chapter 12 and loving it.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Originally posted by Vandle

The best in game movies i have ever seen - on any platform.

The one when you go into the room of zombies under the monesty (level 5) where the millipede crawls into the skeleton's eye is awesome!

I love the one on level 3 where he jumps off the airship too! :)

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Vandle
Its mega difficult but well pitched.
Everything seems impossible first time , hard second time , but after dying then redoing it , seems almost easy!

Totally agree. Going through it once is very hard, and anyone who completes it must be happy with themselves (I know I was). 2nd time through is easier, so I'm going through on Hard when I get it back from my mate.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by KennyBhoy
That'll make for some interesting gaming i bet :eek:

Yup, but I reckon I can manage it, playing it through 2nd time was almost easy, missed loads of health pickups as I had too many. Besides, I want to get the Hurricane pack at some point, which apparantly makes the game VERY hard, so I want some training for that :D

Associate
yes must agree..i`ve never been so determined to beat a game.. some bosses took me up to 50 times before i defeated them.. lost my temper a few times with it.. but hey .. i beat it.. nothing more gratifing... :D :D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by StixxUK
Has anyone managed to collect all of the golden scarabs to unlock the original NES Ninja Gaiden yet?

I'm 4 short and scratching my head wondering where they are. I'd rather not use a guide if I can help it, but I might have to if I don't find them on my next run through :)

Man of Honour
Originally posted by blue_horizon
Im stuck on the blue ghost boss after those DAMN FLYING FISH GO I HATE THEM, any tips - funny ebough i beat Alma pretty easy both times, guess i got lucky.

Fix your sig (no more than 4 lines of text) and I'll give you a couple of tips ;) :p

Soldato
OP
I've had to use a Walkthrough at points.......tells you were all the Scarabs are......Never bothered with them really thou......Never knew they unlocked the old version :(

Man of Honour
Originally posted by blue_horizon
Im stuck on the blue ghost boss after those DAMN FLYING FISH GO I HATE THEM, any tips - funny ebough i beat Alma pretty easy both times, guess i got lucky.

I'm going home now, so here are a couple of tips (you still need to fix your sig though :p)....

FLYING SPARROW! Easiest and best attack to use against almost every boss (forward jump + Y). By doing this you can almost constantly keep him on the back foot.

Learn his attacks, and know when to retreat and stay out of harms way for a little while.

Don't bother with magic, it won't work and you'll only be wasting it (he's very hard to hit)

Don't bother with combo's, you'll get spanked. Hit and run is the way to go.

Oh, and the Kitetsu can do very nice damage against him, seemed to do more than the True Dragon Blade. Remember to equip the armlet of tranquility to keep your health up as well.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

JP-

JP-

Associate
You can take the fish out really easily if you just stand swinging those bladed things that i cant remember the name of :p

Just swing them constantly and the fish end up just ramming into you and getting killed. You can end up getting a huge combo and you can get loads of money off them by just doing this and occasionally jumping to collect the balls they drop.

Youll soon learn to love em :D

Associate
Vigorian Flail.
Or you can use your magic on the fish - they soon spawn more red essence. The beauty of the fish is that you can accumulate loads of points/karma and then upgrade the wooden sword. :)

Man of Honour
Originally posted by JP-
You can take the fish out really easily if you just stand swinging those bladed things that i cant remember the name of :p

Just swing them constantly and the fish end up just ramming into you and getting killed. You can end up getting a huge combo and you can get loads of money off them by just doing this and occasionally jumping to collect the balls they drop.

Youll soon learn to love em :D

Indeed, but they can still be annoying, as they often get me the split second between one combo ending, and the next starting. One or two is okay, but when you get more than that, your health flies down.

Even worse was the first time I beat Spirit Doku, at the start of the next level the fish killed me as I wasn't paying attention, had no health powerups left, and hardly any health. Was rather annoyed at having to do Doku again. Turned out better though as I spanked him the time after, having loads of health left :D

Back
Top Bottom