*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Picked up a Switch today. First day it was back in stock (grey, John Lewis) since the start of December!

Had a go on a friend's before but really impressed! More versatile than I realised. Now just need a few more games but annoyed to see that like other consoles digital downloads are more expensive than physical copies :rolleyes:.

Want to pick up Baldurs Gate and Aladdin/Lion King, obviously for pure nostalgia.

Already got MK8 and Untitled Goose. Any other recommendations?

I'll mostly be playing when traveling so really looking forward to passing some time with it!

Associate
Picked up a Switch today. First day it was back in stock (grey, John Lewis) since the start of December!

Had a go on a friend's before but really impressed! More versatile than I realised. Now just need a few more games but annoyed to see that like other consoles digital downloads are more expensive than physical copies :rolleyes:.

Want to pick up Baldurs Gate and Aladdin/Lion King, obviously for pure nostalgia.

Already got MK8 and Untitled Goose. Any other recommendations?

I'll mostly be playing when traveling so really looking forward to passing some time with it!

Welcome to the switch club. There are so many options to choose from. What type of games do you like? Some initial suggestions are shovel knight, zelda botw, super mario maker 2, luigi's mansion

Man of Honour
If you know where to look the digital games are cheaper.
I got a years online subscription for £13 for instance, Mario Kart for £37.99.

That's not a very useful post. How is he meant to know where to look?

Switch online is ~£4 a year with a family group.

Use this site for deals and price history: https://www.dekudeals.com/hottest

Use this site to check prices in different regions: https://eshop-prices.com/prices?currency=GBP

Using the above 2 sites the cheapest Mario Kart has ever been digitally is £27.50 from the AUS eShop, and you can get a saving of 5-10% off on top of that for an eShop voucher of that to get it for around £25 if you wait for the sales.

Soldato
If you know where to look the digital games are cheaper.
I got a years online subscription for £13 for instance, Mario Kart for £37.99.
That's not a very useful post. How is he meant to know where to look?

Switch online is ~£4 a year with a family group.

Use this site for deals and price history: https://www.dekudeals.com/hottest

Use this site to check prices in different regions: https://eshop-prices.com/prices?currency=GBP

Using the above 2 sites the cheapest Mario Kart has ever been digitally is £27.50 from the AUS eShop, and you can get a saving of 5-10% off on top of that for an eShop voucher of that to get it for around £25 if you wait for the sales.

Thanks both. And yeah I bought a code for MK8 for £37.99. A lot of the 'niche' games don't seem like they're available or any different; Baldur's Gate at £39.99 for example.

Soldato
My wallet took a pounding over the xmas and new year period.

1)Smash Bros Ultimate + Fighters Pass
2)Into the Breach
3)Dragon Quest XI
4)Fire Emblem + DLC
5)Hard West
6)Torchlight 2

ouch!

-------------------------

My daughter also got her switch lite, so she can join with me and my son on his switch on a few of the local wireless games we play together.

I dont think my wife wants one :p

Soldato
I can't stop playing Skyrim at the moment. Played it on 360 and PC, but the convenience of being able to play it in bed is too good!
I've got a load of other games to play, but this one is still stealing my hours.

Associate
I've almost finished Luigis Mansion 3, I've just got to the final floor.

I also picked up Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE over the weekend but havnt had a chance to try it out yet. I dont really have the time for another 60 hour JRPG but couldn't resist!

Caporegime
Did you buy online or walk in? It feels longer than just December - been keeping an eye on their stock as we want to get ours from there due to have vouchers. Briefly popped back in stock last week but missed it :(.

Edit - weird was completely out of stock earlier today and I can seemingly buy one now. Doh - vouchers are at home.

Soldato
Did you buy online or walk in? It feels longer than just December - been keeping an eye on their stock as we want to get ours from there due to have vouchers. Briefly popped back in stock last week but missed it :(.

Edit - weird was completely out of stock earlier today and I can seemingly buy one now. Doh - vouchers are at home.

Online, I set up an alert. I'm the same (was out without vouchers) so just do what I did; bought it with my credit card for click and collect, picked it up and then took it straight to a till for a refund and bought it back again with vouchers.

Soldato
I can't stop playing Skyrim at the moment. Played it on 360 and PC, but the convenience of being able to play it in bed is too good!

Same here, being able to Skyrim anywhere makes the cost of switch worthwhile. Even if I never play another game after I finish Skyrim, I've had my value

Soldato
Online, I set up an alert. I'm the same (was out without vouchers) so just do what I did; bought it with my credit card for click and collect, picked it up and then took it straight to a till for a refund and bought it back again with vouchers.

I found their alert thing not very good, I checked everyday over December and found they had some so quickly bought one in time for Xmas. Then a a week later I got the notification, your better off checking yourself.

Soldato
I still haven't really played on it yet, the wife is paying that Layton game.
I still have a few games on PS4 to finish before starting B.O.T.W

Last edited:
Soldato
I keep getting side-tracked on BOTW, barely done any quests just wandering around doing shrines and towers. Spent quote a few hours on it already so definitely going to get my moneys worth.

Back
Top Bottom