*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
How is the text in games on the lite? Reviews mentioned it being too small in some instances.
Haven't had an issue so far, but I've only been playing the Witcher and it seems fine.

I fired up Bayonetta quickly and it was fine too.

Only issue I have is finding a good way to grip it, my hands are starting to ache a little, and the battery life does seem to go down quite quickly, but this good be down to max brightness and Witcher being quite demanding?

Soldato
Just playing through Alien: Isolation and I'm having to stop playing a few hours before bed time so that I don't fill myself with adrenaline just before I try to sleep. Damn that game has some atmosphere. The music makes you feel like there is danger around every corner!

It's an amazing experience. The best Alien game by far. So tense! I played it years ago on the PS4. How does the Switch version hold up?

Soldato
Only issue I have is finding a good way to grip it, my hands are starting to ache a little, and the battery life does seem to go down quite quickly, but this good be down to max brightness and Witcher being quite demanding?

The more demanding games will run the battery flat in around 3 hours. I carry a power bank around with me if I am travelling. Other than that I would rarely play more than an hour at a time.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It's an amazing experience. The best Alien game by far. So tense! I played it years ago on the PS4. How does the Switch version hold up?

Its amazing apart from one thing and this seems to be something that only a few select few people seem to have issues with. There is a very noticeable lag between when I press a button and when I move or interact. Like half a second or more. I have changed some of the settings which seems to make it bearable for a while but I find myself getting a bit motion sick after an hour or so because of the disconnect between input and my actions on screen which gives it a very floaty feeling.

I played some of it years ago on the PS4 and don't remember having this issue and a bit of googling brings up a few people with this issue but very few considering the age of the game.

Soldato
I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s going to be bad, for the same reasons stadia is bad. I suppose the small 720p screen will help hide all the compression artefacts but it still doesn’t fix the latency issue on so many games.

I could see in home streaming work, sort of like the opposite of steam link but not over the internet.

Man of Honour
How do you get good a MK8? I thought I was doing well (not getting hit or falling off stuff) to then only finish 8th :(

The roller wheels, beetle kart, and super glider are statistically the best parts.

The lighter the character, the better the overall stats are statistically. Particularly mini turbo, acceleration, off-road speed, drift, and handling which are all far more important than top speed.

Metal Mario is an odd one out as he has the best stat total across all stats out of all the characters, although he isn't top for the stats that matter and it's mostly due to his extreme weight not following the general character stats algorithm. Waluigi is the best middle weight character if you need more top speed (you don't).

Each 0.5 increase in speed give you 0.5 less acceleration and 0.5 less turbo, so the character with the lowest speed has the highest sum of speed related stats (speed, acceleration, turbo).

Other than that:

- Always focus on getting the 10 coins ASAP as each one gives you a 1% increase in top speed, and even when you have 10 each one gives you a small turbo boost

- Hit opponents on the anti gravity section for a speed boost

- Draft behind players for speed boosts

- Get as many mini turbos as possible, at least one on every small corner

- Follow the racing line to maximise turbo boost building and corner speed

- Learn the shortcuts worth taking

- Items are a game all by themselves, learn how to avoid or mitigate the blue shell even without items

Source: I made a big spreadsheet with all the visible and hidden stats and crunched the numbers, plus I won a large local game store tournament.

Soldato
I need some advice!

I have an online Nintendo account on my profile. My kids have made an epic Minecraft world under there profile (adult profile) I can seem to be able to sync with my Microsoft account.

I presume because there profile does not have Nintendo online ? What's my options ?

Soldato
Ordered a switch for delivery tomorrow. Amazon finally got them back in stock.

Got Layton's Mystery Journey and Breath of the Wild for starters.

Back
Top Bottom