*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Stop making me want to buy a game i bought on release and still haven't played :mad:.
Haha!

I bought this on the PS4 on release, but only managed a few hours before moving on to something else, playing on Switch just makes sense, it's so pick up and play and great for 10 to 15 minutes bursts. I tried playing on the PlayStation again, but it just didn't give me the same feeling.

Associate
New battery fitted in my Day one Switch last night quite easy to do, picked up a new battery from the rain forest for £18 so fairly inexpensive.

All working as it should, pre install of Animal Crossing done as well £36.99 from Cdkeys :)

Cheers all

Soldato
New battery fitted in my Day one Switch last night quite easy to do, picked up a new battery from the rain forest for £18 so fairly inexpensive.

All working as it should, pre install of Animal Crossing done as well £36.99 from Cdkeys :)

Cheers all

You're allowed to talk about Amazon fyi. Just not when it comes to products they compete with OCUK on, with Switch battery not being one :)

I've purchased Children Of Morta as it's a good game to dip in and out of and I enjoyed it on PC.

Associate
Just caught up with today's animal crossing direct. Was a bit tentative having never played the series before, but it seems to have got me interested!

Soldato
Loving BOTW on the whole but one thing is starting to ruin my experience.
When fighting or attempting at fight guardians using parry it's just such a hit or miss experience the timing seems to be to short a window.
I feel like I have to save before each encounter and then I get bored of dying and quit the game.
And dodging is the same it's just boringly frustrating.

Associate
An arrow to the eye stuns a guardian, which gives you time to get close and start cutting legs off. Once you get that down it becomes fairly easy.

Man of Honour
Loving BOTW on the whole but one thing is starting to ruin my experience.
When fighting or attempting at fight guardians using parry it's just such a hit or miss experience the timing seems to be to short a window.
I feel like I have to save before each encounter and then I get bored of dying and quit the game.
And dodging is the same it's just boringly frustrating.

You'll get there. Once you get used to the timings you won't miss any shield parries.

Associate
Eugh case of eating my own words. Said before that there was no harm in waiting to order the Animal Crossing edition switch until nearer release date but now they're fully out of stock. Hoping it's just a Corona virus related low stock issue rather than they're actually done making them and won't restock. Finally decided to go for it as well.

Soldato
3-4 tries. I must be doing something wrong, rage quite before after spending 30 mins trying, and that's about the 3rd go.

I didn't find the timing that bad and I'm no spring chicken at 38, that said you don't have to parry the guardians that often as the ultimate arrows (I forget their proper name) will take them down in a couple of shots if I remember correctly.

Soldato
I didn't find the timing that bad and I'm no spring chicken at 38, that said you don't have to parry the guardians that often as the ultimate arrows (I forget their proper name) will take them down in a couple of shots if I remember correctly.
I don't have any of those arrows.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not going to lie, I found parrying the guardian shots really easy. Compared to any other games that have a parry mechanic it is very forgiving. You can just hit them in the eye with a normal arrow to interrupt their attack. It doesn't have to be an ancient one (those one shot them).

Caporegime
A workaround of sorts is the ancient shield the crackpot scientist produces in that little house on top of the hill. I forget his name but you meet him relatively early on. That deflects a large number of shots from those guardians. :)

Keep a couple of those in stock and whip it out and just hold block when you encounter them. Job done

It took me a long time to get the hang of parrying. And tbh I never felt 100% with it. Despite becoming proficient at killing them.

Back
Top Bottom