*** Nintendo Switch ***

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Where did you order it from? I've seen stuff like this in FB people were only recieving the keyring etc and nothing else even though they ordered the collector's edition!

From the store that is named after a rain rainforest in South America. Got the poster via prime but for some reason they sent the game via royal mail, this doesn't make sense to me. I don't think its turning up.

Soldato
From the store that is named after a rain rainforest in South America. Got the poster via prime but for some reason they sent the game via royal mail, this doesn't make sense to me. I don't think its turning up.

Amazon isn't a banned word lol. Only if talking in terms of a competitor on things they sell the same as OCUK.

Soldato
Pretty disappointed with how Xenoblade looks to be honest, pretty blurry and I preferred the more muted art style of the original. Thankfully I think it looks better on the handheld screen which is the main reason I bought it. I'd have much preferred a simple 1080p/720p upscaling of the original assets. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the HD texture pack on PC though.

Soldato
Pretty disappointed with how Xenoblade looks to be honest, pretty blurry and I preferred the more muted art style of the original. Thankfully I think it looks better on the handheld screen which is the main reason I bought it. I'd have much preferred a simple 1080p/720p upscaling of the original assets. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the HD texture pack on PC though.

Probably optimised it for handheld after the awful looking Xenoblade Chronicles 2. That was rough on the small screen.

I caved and bought X-COM 2 even though I own it elsewhere. I love playing strategy games on the go.

Associate
Yes, I do this with my Nephew's switch. The Adult's switch is called the 'supervising account' & all e-mail notifications etc go to your e-mail. You have to set it up on PC, if I remember. Make sure you keep a record of all the details of the child's account for the future.

Thanks

My niece got a switch for her birthday and I wanted to set her up as a child account so she could access my family online subscription. Saves her mum having to shell out for her own sub.

Soldato
I’d have bought it if they didn’t mess up the physical release. I love turn based strategy.

I’ll be getting the digital release when there is at least a 33% price drop.
For future reference if it does get a sale - the gameplay is sublime. Text size is good which I have found not to be the case in turn based games like Hard West and Phantom Doctrine on the Switch.

Associate
Had my switch for a few days now. First Nintendo since the game cube and I'm absolutely loving it.
Got it "for my 3.5year old" we haven't stopped playing mario odyssey since we got it, it's just a magic game.
Been playing zelda myself at night, it's just epic.
Nintendo just make the most enjoyable games there is.

Caporegime
I've been exclusively a PC gamer for the past 16 years. The last console I had was a PS2 and I have never had a Nintendo console. Would a switch be a worth while investment? Considering I quite like the idea of being able to relax and play on my TV, or have a TV showing in the background while playing some casual game.

Are there any must have games? There always seems to be a flood of Mario games, so I wouldn't know where to start with those.

it depends. if you after pc master race graphics it's the worst console.

the exclusives of this console are the exclusive games and the fact you can use it handheld and it has motion joypads for a different experience.

personally i'd wait now for the ps5 at christmas if looking at other consoles. again the bigger consoles are more powerful and it's their exclusives that sell them and the fact they can do up to 4k gaming.

Soldato
Shopto had a physical version for £29.95 +£2 postage but delivery takes 1-3 days or something.
Just went with Amazon at the end for the physical version (may want to sell it later).

So far really loving it. Such simple games but amazingly addictive.
Mancala is such a simple game in concept but can be quite in depth.

Associate
Shopto had a physical version for £29.95 +£2 postage but delivery takes 1-3 days or something.
Just went with Amazon at the end for the physical version (may want to sell it later).

So far really loving it. Such simple games but amazingly addictive.
Mancala is such a simple game in concept but can be quite in depth.

I just feel like a big part of the fun/experience of these games is the physical board etc... Dunno, playing stuff like that virtually has just not floated ma boat

Soldato
I just feel like a big part of the fun/experience of these games is the physical board etc... Dunno, playing stuff like that virtually has just not floated ma boat

Original board games always wins hands down...
But Ive always wanted to play all kinds of other card games and some of the Japanese/CHinese games. which you have to buy and setup.
The game does this all for you and of course, multiplayer online (and local).
(especially when travelling!)

Associate
Original board games always wins hands down...
But Ive always wanted to play all kinds of other card games and some of the Japanese/CHinese games. which you have to buy and setup.
The game does this all for you and of course, multiplayer online (and local).
(especially when travelling!)

Thats a totally fair point. Guess its a great opportunity to try some new games and maybe buy physical coppies of your favourites! Hadn't thought about it like that.

Soldato
Bought it yesterday, played a few games with the girlfriend, we love it. Girlfriend ain't a gamer, but she can't wait to play it again tonight.

Yep! Same with my wife. She loves the air hockey game.

One thing I dont get... the guides.
What are you supposed to do with the guides? Finish the games on all difficulty levels or something for their games?

Back
Top Bottom