*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Folk saying there was nothing decent on show must have missed Zelda and Metroid.

So happy Metroid is back to 2D!

Metroid looked like a old school snes game, maybe that excites old timers.
Breath of the wild 2! Could fooled me, looked like I was watching Breath of the Wild 1.
The rest of it was announcements of ports of old games from xbox/ps to switch.

yeah super exciting from Nintendo

Soldato
I will like Wario Ware providing it has a lot of content. Mario Party looked decent at first glance..

I was hoping for a new Starfox and Pilotwings tbh. All you see these days from Nintendo is usually the same thing, sequels to games they release much more often. The others that people are interested in might get a release every other system at best, not even every system anymore.

Man of Honour
Seriously, **** Nintendo. Releasing a whole new game for some measily Mario Party boards is outrageous, considering the existing one has a truly pathetic amount of boards.

Goodwill lost from me on that.

Soldato
Folk saying there was nothing decent on show must have missed Zelda and Metroid.

So happy Metroid is back to 2D!

Glad to see metroid back in 2d and guess I can't complain about a Zelda BOTW sequel.

Guess I'd have liked to see something else new though. Disappointed that advance wars was just a bundle of the two original games and nothing new.

The Zelda game and watch looks awesome IMO at least!

Soldato
Metroid looked like a old school snes game, maybe that excites old timers.
Breath of the wild 2! Could fooled me, looked like I was watching Breath of the Wild 1.
The rest of it was announcements of ports of old games from xbox/ps to switch.

yeah super exciting from Nintendo

Nothing wrong with 2D games.

Metroid on the snes was one of the best games of all time in my opinion.

Man of Honour
I bought the powera wireless controller and I have a new main controller for the Switch. It’s a lot better than the official Pro pad.

+ve: better sticks, 4 paddles, far better dpad, different stick height and shape choices, comes with a case, very long USB C cable, headphone jack, changeable face plates, quick release block for the paddles

-ve: headphone jack only works when wired, no rumble, no battery indicator in the Switch OS, no NFC

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, will probably be a day one title for me. Loved the older Metroid and Metroid Prime titles, plus the M2 remake for the 3DS, so looking forward to this one.
This and BoTW2 are probably the only things REALLY on my radar at the moment, due to backlog.
Might take a look at SMT5 also, but not sure.

Soldato
Trying to get back to using my switch. Picked up the Hori Split Pad joy cons as a comfortable replacement for my standard broken ones.

Just traded Ring Fit for Mario maker 2 so me and my chap can mess about on that. Started Bowser's Fury last night too. Nice take on Mario and a fun new formula

Soldato
Barely touch my switch in the last 4-5 months, i completed ni no kuni on it then bought pokemon shield, played it for a couple weeks then stopped. Tried zelda breath of the wild thought it was okay. Need to find something else, i do like the look of the next metroid game though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not sure why people are surprised by Nintendo anymore. They have sat on their hands for the past 2+ years and still sold millions and millions of consoles. They have sat on their hands and still sold millions of copies of a 7 year old game (MK8) and quite a few of the best games on the Switch are still ports from the Wii U. Its basically become a ports console with the occasional triple A game on it if you are interested in a particular IP.

I doubt we will see MK9, another Mario (like Odyssey), Bayonetta, MP4, Pikmin 4 this generation. BOTW will come out for the end of next year despite it leaning very heavily on the current engine, assets and world and despite BotW coming out over 4 years ago now.

Nintendo has repeatedly dropped the ball this generation when it comes to games and many other things and just seem to laugh as people lap it up. They are like an awfully run company that just seem to make more and more money every year and no one can really see why.

Man of Honour
Barely touch my switch in the last 4-5 months, i completed ni no kuni on it then bought pokemon shield, played it for a couple weeks then stopped. Tried zelda breath of the wild thought it was okay. Need to find something else, i do like the look of the next metroid game though.

There are many amazing Metroidvanias on the Switch.

Guacamelee 1 & 2
Ori 1 & 2
Hollow Knight
Steamworld Dig 1 & 2
Axiom Verge
The Messenger
Dead Cells
The Mummy Demastered
Blaster Master Zero
Iconoclasts
Blasphemous
Yoku’s Island Express
Monster Boy series
Shantae series
Cave Story +
Super Metroid
Gato Roboto
A Robot Named Fight

You could probably buy 4-5 of those for the price of Metroid Dread, and I’d be very surprised if Metroid Dread is up there with the best of those games based on the last free 2D Metroid games.

Back
Top Bottom