*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Have you guys played the very first ever zelda fame recently?

Yes I’ve heard that poorly thought out rhetoric before.

If you engage your brain and think about it, the series has slowly evolved into the modern day Zelda formula that defines the series.

A sharp departure from what fans expect is always going to put off fans of the past 30 years of the series. Surely you can grasp that notion?

Yes I’ve heard that poorly thought out rhetoric before.

If you engage your brain and think about it, the series has slowly evolved into the modern day Zelda formula that defines the series.

A sharp departure from what fans expect is always going to put off fans of the past 30 years of the series. Surely you can grasp that notion?
wow what a ****

Soldato
Well, I mean he's not wrong. It's a bit like people who hates it when final fantasy dropped the turn based stuff. Can't think of other games that had a big change right now.
God of War. Though to be fair they did a cracking job with that.

I am a zelda fan and have been since the snes. I love the new links Awakening reboot (apart from the weird juddering on exiting buildings) and I loved BoTW as well. Old ways or new, I don't really care as long as they're still enjoyable to me.

Well, I mean he's not wrong
Do you think being wrong or not is the reason for the follow up :p

Let me see if I can rephrase my post in a Kreeeeebaby style.

Your poorly thought out rhetoric is not relevant.

If you engage your brain and think about it, being right or wrong wasn't the issue.

A sharp departure from civility and a **** reply is always going to put off people, especially when from those past 30 years of age. Surely you can grasp that notion?

:cry:

Soldato
Well, I mean he's not wrong. It's a bit like people who hates it when final fantasy dropped the turn based stuff. Can't think of other games that had a big change right now.

Metroid when it went 3rd person but Nintendo have a history of changing their formulas. Like Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 on the NES.

In 20 years time Nintendo might use the latest Unreal Engine and go full voice acting with Zelda :D You never know with them.

Metroid when it went 3rd person but Nintendo have a history of changing their formulas. Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 for example.

Now that was an awful change. Thank god that quickly learnt the lesson there. I was planning to play from zelda 1, then 2 then up to what I can be bothered to stop, but I may skip zelda 2 as its just the worst.

Skyward sword too was a very different zelda game and partly I think why they made botw as they realised just how poor the style they were going in wasn't working.

Majoras mask to wind waker too, very different and I remember the outcry then. I never played wind waker, partly due to the outcry at the time, plus I didn't have a game cube which is probably the biggest reason why :p

Soldato
Do you think being wrong or not is the reason for the follow up :p

Let me see if I can rephrase my post in a Kreeeeebaby style.

Your poorly thought out rhetoric is not relevant.

If you engage your brain and think about it, being right or wrong wasn't the issue.

A sharp departure from civility and a **** reply is always going to put off people, especially when from those past 30 years of age. Surely you can grasp that notion?

I'm fine with that kind of reply though :) Its amusing.

Man of Honour
Now that was an awful change. Thank god that quickly learnt the lesson there. I was planning to play from zelda 1, then 2 then up to what I can be bothered to stop, but I may skip zelda 2 as its just the worst.

Skyward sword too was a very different zelda game and partly I think why they made botw as they realised just how poor the style they were going in wasn't working.

Majoras mask to wind waker too, very different and I remember the outcry then. I never played wind waker, partly due to the outcry at the time, plus I didn't have a game cube which is probably the biggest reason why :p

Associate
On the subject of BOTW I recently picked it up again having only just got out of the first area about 6 months ago. I'd forgotten all of the controls and battle techniques and I'm finding it a bit tough to get back into.

Perhaps I'll start over and try and keep playing in a reasonable timeframe this time.

I'm still on the fence about it, I want to love it but it's just not pulled me in yet to where I have to keep playing.

Man of Honour
On the subject of BOTW I recently picked it up again having only just got out of the first area about 6 months ago. I'd forgotten all of the controls and battle techniques and I'm finding it a bit tough to get back into.

Perhaps I'll start over and try and keep playing in a reasonable timeframe this time.

I'm still on the fence about it, I want to love it but it's just not pulled me in yet to where I have to keep playing.

If it doesn’t grab you after 1 or 2 hours outside the great plateau then I’d not the game for you. Nothing changes from that point on until the end of the game.

Soldato
If it doesn’t grab you after 1 or 2 hours outside the great plateau then I’d not the game for you. Nothing changes from that point on until the end of the game.

This. I tried many hours hoping for some magical change but no. There was some cool moments for sure but they were so few and far between it was just a waste of time for me personally.

Soldato
Owned BOTW twice and sold it twice now, just don't have the time it demands to really achieve anything and just got frustrated with it sadly.

Absolutely beautiful game and plays wonderfully, just so hard to get into!

Back
Top Bottom