*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Finally bought my Switch! (But not opened yet)
So does this screen scratching when docking actually an issue? Do I really need to purchase a tempered glass screen cover to protect it? I just wondered what people have found.

Caporegime
It's a plastic screen, so it does scratch easily. The OZRLY screen protectors are really good and you get two in the pack.

You just spent £280 on a console...what's a few quid to protect the screen?

Soldato
It could be an issue but you'd have to be really rough with it to scratch it. The screen protector is worth it for when you're carrying it around or putting it in the case of chucking it on the back seat of the car. For £280 it's worth protecting I think.

Caporegime
Bit of a joke from Nintendo to ship this with a plastic screen. If 3rd party companies can sell an unofficial glass protector for a few dollars, it would have been peanuts for Ninty to spec it with one from the factory

It was done for durability reasons.

Point proven in that someone dropped one from 1000ft onto tarmac and the screen survived.

The trade off for the durability is that it can scratch easily. So stick a protector on and its fixed. Best of both worlds then

Soldato
Two weeks since Nintendo have received my left faulty Joy-Con, I asked for an update last night and they've advised that they're still awaiting replacement parts from Germany.

Annoying as I've got no other way of playing the two controller games (i.e. the games that require both to play single player).

Man of Honour
Bit of a joke from Nintendo to ship this with a plastic screen. If 3rd party companies can sell an unofficial glass protector for a few dollars, it would have been peanuts for Ninty to spec it with one from the factory

You don't put glass screens on things kids play with. They would shatter within a week.

You can replace a shattered glass screen protector easily, but if the screen itself shatters then it's very costly and difficult to replace.

Associate
Curious what you guys thing the price trajectory for the switch will be over the next 12 months?

I kept my gamecube this entire time for MP and MP:Echos. The E3 announcement of MP4 has made me seriously consider getting a switch solely for it however I know MP4 won't be till late 2018 earliest so curious how you see prices of the switch trending till then?

Man of Honour
Curious what you guys thing the price trajectory for the switch will be over the next 12 months?

I kept my gamecube this entire time for MP and MP:Echos. The E3 announcement of MP4 has made me seriously consider getting a switch solely for it however I know MP4 won't be till late 2018 earliest so curious how you see prices of the switch trending till then?

There will be some nice bundles late 2018.

Associate
So I am hopelessly addicted to Binding of Isaac on the PC, comes to the Switch version, I've ploughed a few hours into it but I am finding I am spending a lot of time on Splatoon 2 online play. Quite fun and great with the shorter rounds in turf war. Never played the first Splatoon, cracking little game :)

Man of Honour
So I am hopelessly addicted to Binding of Isaac on the PC, comes to the Switch version, I've ploughed a few hours into it but I am finding I am spending a lot of time on Splatoon 2 online play. Quite fun and great with the shorter rounds in turf war. Never played the first Splatoon, cracking little game :)

I always play Splatoon when I have a spare couple of minutes too.

I've almost completed my perfect gear setup now though so I think I will start to taper off.

Caporegime
Current plan.

Finish of BOTW in Sept. I am VERY close now. Then finish Snake Pass and get time in on Splatoon 2. Which will tide me over until Mario Odyssey which I have pre-ordered. If I finish Snake Pass and need something for on the go I will probably get Sonic Mania.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I never finished Snake Pass. It got too difficult for me to get all the coins on the last 2 levels.

I have bought way too many games on the Switch. I haven't even started Rayman, Cave Story or Mario & Rabbids yet. I've barely played Sonic too.

Splatoon, Overcooked and Slime-San are taking up all of my time.

Caporegime
I just realised the place I pre-order Mario Odyssey from was for €49.50 but another place for €50 includes the Mario Odyssey hat which is normally €19

Totally changing my pre-order... :D

Caporegime
Software supply itself (in my experience so far) seems fine. BOTW was the hardest one to get hold of but I see that on the shelves all the time now. I pre-order because between the 3 stores I use (El Corte Inglês, FNAC or Worten) one of them normally does a discount somewhere between 10-20%

So when its a game I know I really want and will 100% buy, I am better off (financially) pre-ordering it. FNAC are selling it for €59,99, El Corte for €49,50 but no hat. So this time Worten wins for €50, but with €19 of silly nerdy hat :D

No doubt this will result in a headshake and a facepalm from the wife :D

Back
Top Bottom