*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Well wolfenstein 2 came out on the switch and that's a new game

A very easy game to scale back as it's not heavy on the CPU.

I very much doubt they'd pass over the Switch. It's one of the fastest selling consoles ever and Bethesda have arguably been one of the biggest third party supporters of the Switch.

I doubt that they'd cripple the game just to make a Switch version possible. All of the games they've released have been either straight forward FPS games that scale well, or old games such as Skyrim. I'm not even sure if Fallout 4 could make the transition to the Switch without heavy edits such as the dynamic lighting.

Man of Honour
Would anyone have believed Doom would work on the Switch though? I know it's Apples and Oranges but still.

They halved the frame rate and ran it at a low resolution to get it to work, and it is also a corridor based FPS which is comparatively easy to downscale to the hardware.

An already 30 fps open world game with CPU bottlenecks rather than GPU bottlenecks is a lot harder to make work on the Switch. Lowering resolution helps GPU issues, but you need to lower NPC counts and AI routines for CPU issues for example.

Of course I would be extremely happy to be proven wrong as I loved playing Skyrim on the Switch.

Soldato
I really want an Oblivion remaster on Switch, probably never happen but was my first Elder Scrolls game and I'd love to replay it on here.

I know it probably hasn't aged that well either hence why they keep just re-releasing Skyrim but one can hope.

Associate
I really want an Oblivion remaster on Switch, probably never happen but was my first Elder Scrolls game and I'd love to replay it on here.

I know it probably hasn't aged that well either hence why they keep just re-releasing Skyrim but one can hope.
Definitely agree, I completely forgot about it just because I couldn't ever imagine Bethesda rereleasing it

Back
Top Bottom