*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
So many games have tiny text in portable mode. Paladins, rocket league and fortnite are games that spring to mind. Steamworld game maps are too small too.

I found Sonic Heroes too hard to play in handheld mode because everything was so small - was okay docked.

I played Steamworld Dig 2 through on handheld though and it didnt give me any problems that i remember tho.

Man of Honour
Good tip thanks, glad it gives the option to play vanilla first.

If anyone is in to well made skill based fighters, Pocket Rumble seems to have impressed the fighting game guys on giantbombs podcast.

I'm really not a fan as the game removes a lot of the skill usually found in fighting games. I don't like games where they pander to casual players by minimising the skill gap between good and bad players.

Soldato
I'm really not a fan as the game removes a lot of the skill usually found in fighting games. I don't like games where they pander to casual players by minimising the skill gap between good and bad players.
Ahh ok thanks for the info, not sure what they were on about then :D I'm not a fighting game guy tbh but their discussion caught my attention briefly

Man of Honour
Ahh ok thanks for the info, not sure what they were on about then :D I'm not a fighting game guy tbh but their discussion caught my attention briefly

I think it's like the Mario kart of fighting games. Everyone has a chance of winning regardless of the skill gap.

It sounds like a great introduction for new fighting game players but it's not designed for fans of the genre.

Soldato
I think it's like the Mario kart of fighting games. Everyone has a chance of winning regardless of the skill gap.

It sounds like a great introduction for new fighting game players but it's not designed for fans of the genre.

Maybe I could find some enjoyment!
Hey, while I've got you..

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-12-fortnite-season-five-adds-karts-rifts-new-areas

Fortnite is adding gyro controls with this new update, I'll give it another shot if so

Soldato
Paladins has really weird aiming. That game would benefit massively from motion controls.

Let's hope it get put in. Would you say you are happy with the game based on buying the early version?

Octopath reviews are rolling out.

Gamespot 8
Videogamer 8
God is a Geek 8.5
Nintendolife 9 (always take their reviews with a grain of salt)

Sounds about right, hope you all enjoy it! Will have to jump on shortly down the line

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Let's hope it get put in. Would you say you are happy with the game based on buying the early version?

In all honesty I would prefer to unlock the champions as I go. I have no use for gold so the daily quests etc are pointless.

The game itself is very fun though, and tweaking your heroes to your play style adds a lot to the game. The latest patch fixed all the bugs I had.

Yeah the embargo got lifted and generally the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. :)

Fingers crossed for delivery!

I'd say 8's are good but not overwhelmingly positive.

Soldato
In all honesty I would prefer to unlock the champions as I go. I have no use for gold so the daily quests etc are pointless.

The game itself is very fun though, and tweaking your heroes to your play style adds a lot to the game. The latest patch fixed all the bugs I had.

I'd say 8's are good but not overwhelmingly positive.

I guess they may add more heroes in the future and you will need to acquire those perhaps!

I think an 8-9 these days is about the most any JRPG seems to get, it sounds like a great game with certain aspects not quite being explored to their fullest potential

Man of Honour
I guess they may add more heroes in the future and you will need to acquire those perhaps!

I think an 8-9 these days is about the most any JRPG seems to get, it sounds like a great game with certain aspects not quite being explored to their fullest potential

All future heroes are free.

Back
Top Bottom