*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Decent review of Dead Cells https://kotaku.com/dead-cells-the-kotaku-review-1828108795 not sure if it's for me, though. I am intrigued because of the high praise it is getting but I don't know if I cba with permadeath. Maybe I will get it down the road at some point.

I despise rogue like games so it's not on my radar. It's annoying how many smaller games are going down this route now just because it's far easier to develop instead of designing proper levels and progression.

Soldato
If anyo
I despise rogue like games so it's not on my radar. It's annoying how many smaller games are going down this route now just because it's far easier to develop instead of designing proper levels and progression.

I used to like them but after a while it was hard to differentiate them as it was always : pixel art, roguelike, indie, procedural, x1000

Soldato
I'm getting a bit bored of them too. Isaac was something different at the time and I quite liked it for a while but ultimately if I am not really enjoying myself that much it's best to move on to something that I actually find fun.

Just seen that the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo is on the eShop today.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime

I think in some ways its harder to develop a game like that as you have to have a brilliant core gameplay to cover the procedurally generated level structure. Dead Cells is a great game so far. They have clearly put a lot of effort into it and it shows.

I know its not strictly roguelike but have you played Hollow Knight. Easily the best £11 I have ever spent. Utter gem of a game.

Man of Honour
I know its not strictly roguelike but have you played Hollow Knight. Easily the best £11 I have ever spent. Utter gem of a game.

I have about ten games that I've purchased on sale but not completed yet! It's on my watch list and I'll pick it up when it's on sale or if I complete all my backlog.

Back
Top Bottom