1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Nintendo Switch ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Boomstick777, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Plainsong

Soldato

I'm at 5 purchased and never played (two of those are recent purchases but I want to finish Octopath first). Started but not yet finished is way higher than that. I've bought a few that I instantly disliked but we'll move past those. I do try and use the sales but my willpower is as good as non-existent when it comes to new releases that I want - especially if the price seems reasonable.

2. Plainsong

Soldato

Owlboy and Darkest Dungeon are both decent. Darkest Dungeon might not be for everyone though. Gorogoa is very highly praised - here's a very good article about the creator which I read a while back https://kotaku.com/the-puzzle-of-a-lifetime-1821235999.

I can't see the full list so there might be others worth noting.

3. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

What games do you like?

4. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

You got dead cells ? Id say it's like hollow knight but deeper combat, brilliant game so far and only just touched the surface. Absolutely perfect fit for the switch too as it's just pick up and play with it being different each time, so much fun trying to go out and find blueprints, but at the same time infuriating when you lose 20+ cells you've been collecting haha... it reminds me of a civilization game where I think just 1 more turn/run

On another note my willpower is the same :( .. I've got ps4 pc and a switch , the amount of games I've got across all 3 but not completed is mind boggling.

5. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Been wanting to try owlboy and darkest dungeon for some time. Do prefer physical though but almost can't ignore the offers

6. Plainsong

Soldato

I probably will get Dead Cells eventually though I am not sure if it's for me. It's a bit pricey for an impulse buy. If I do get it then it'll be in a sale some time in the future. I am definitely torn though!

Low priced indie games are fine digitally for me. I don't see the point in paying crazy inflated prices just to have it physical. Of course you can sell it after but you'll still lose on some of the price so the end result is the same anyway! Though if a game is £40 physical and digital I would always go physical. I do like the convenience of digital too.

My dream scenario is a digital marketplace but we are a way off of that yet.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 6:10 AM
  7. Noxia

Soldato

I lost a fiver selling Xenoblade 2 so the result is certainly nowhere near the same . Or do you mean the physical indie games in which case yes I agree somewhat but Owlboy cost me £3 to play in that case .
    I'll buy digital if it's less than a tenner usually .

8. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I think I paid £3.50 for Owlboy.

9. Noxia

Soldato

It's easy to be a frugal gamer but sometimes you want something there and then.

10. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

Owlboy is superb, but ive been stuck at the same bit on PC for a couple of years, i think ive given up on it!

11. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I only get multiplayer games on release, and maybe one or two single player games per year. You don't miss out at all by waiting for single player games to go down in price and you can often get physical games at 30-50% of the launch price 2-3 months later.

Multiplayer games are different though as you miss out on playing with friends and progression etc.

12. Plainsong

Soldato

Yes I mean physical indie games. I wouldn't pay £30 for Dead Cells just to have it physical I'd rather wait for a digital sale. Also I guess it depends where you trade them - I use CeX and they aren't the best but they are the most convenient.

13. Plainsong

Soldato

Definitely. And some times I think ah to hell with it, why not? I try to keep it under £10 sometimes £15 depends how much value I think it might give me in terms of play time. Hollow Knight for instance is one of the best value games out there I played it for 70+ hours.

Speaking of sales I picked up Crypt of The Necrodancer this morning for £6.17 (with some gold points). It reviews so well and looks like nothing I've played before. It was on my 'must buy when on sale' list.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 10:16 AM
  14. Mull3t

Mobster

Another vote for Dead Cells, luckily I picked it up when it was on offer for pre ordering. It’s a addictive as hell, I haven’t really put it down. However I think £25 is a bit of a push for it despite it having 100s of hours content.

15. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I bought this too as, despite hating rogue likes, I love rhythm games.

I'm really struggling to get into it though. I think it's primarily because some of the actions (which must all be done to the beat) don't have clear movements and it throws me off.

For example:
    Beat 1: move right
    Beat 2: move up
    Beat 3: attack animation
    Beat 4: move right
    Beat 5: door unlocks subtly, no clear movement on screen! I think that I didn't press the button at the right time or the button didn't register and now I lose the rhythm.

Regarding not missing out on games that I'm interested in, I add all interesting games to my Switch watch list and check that about twice a week to see if any of the games are on sale. If I really want a game at launch I buy it from the Mexican or South African store for around 60% of the UK price.

16. Plainsong

Soldato

Yeah I should really look at creating more regional accounts.

Necrodancer I haven't tried it yet. I read that it takes a while to zone in to the music but once you do it clicks and it all comes together. I am terrible usually at timings so I know I will struggle but I got into Thumper pretty well after some practice. Looking forward to it.

17. kinger8938

Sgarrista

It's not too bad I think it's £22.50 digital and base had Physical for £24 So as it was one I really wanted I was happy to pay a few quid more to get physical

But yeah a digital sale is really worth while for the patient amongst us! I'm often just happy to wait bit this one I need to play asap ;)

18. Plainsong

Soldato

I find it very hard to be patient! I look through the sales and check the prices and all I see is 'Purchased'!

19. kinger8938

Sgarrista

;)

I'm so tied up in Persona 5 right now that it's taking up my time so I have a week or so for the physical deadcells to launch. Hopefully I'll be done by then! There's a load of games I want on switch too

20. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Why? I just use one account for everything.