*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Yep, completed them all. They all have very generic and shallow plots and characters. Majora's Mask is the example to give for a Zelda with an interesting plot and characters, but even that is only good compared to the others in the series.

You completely neglected to respond to the most relevant section of my post where I directly responded to you.
I didn't neglect. I saw nothing that required me to respond .

Soldato
Links Awakening remake + Pokemon + Fire Emblem
Nintendo wins 2019 for me. 3 games I am genuinely very very excited to play.

Only company which comes close to making me excited for 2019 is Oculus with their 3 games they've shown; however the marvel heroes thing has made me lose a lot of faith in them.

Soldato
Folks... wierd thing happening.

Previously conducting the Nintendo internet speed test on the Switch would yield me 20-30Mbps (I have a 200Mbps internet connection).

I just ran the test right now and am yielding only 2-3Mbps....

Ive done everything, reset router/access points. Rebooted the switch. Checked the speed of my wireless with other devices (all performing around 150-200mbps).

Not sure whats going on and why the change...

Any thoughts folks?

Soldato
Sheesh... even streaming some videos from the nintendo store is a buffer/lag fest.... definitely something not right...
I even deleted the stored wifi settings and logging back on... nothing :\

Associate
From what I've seen I'm honestly abit disappointed in the new Pokemons, open world looks fantastic but it still transitions to the same battle mechanics and as such can only assume the same catching mechanics.

On the topic of BOTW though I can't get enough of it, had it since release but because it deviated so much from traditional Zelda games I was instantly put off. I went back to it as many people were citing it as the best and thought I should give it another go... glad I did! I've only played a handful of Zelda games but this one has the potential to pip Ocarina of Time as my personal faves.

Man of Honour
I'd actually like a real time Pokémon battle system for a change instead of turned based but I don't know if it would work well
Pokken works well, make it a simpler version of that or an arena style fighter like powerstone. There are many options that could work well rather than copy and pasting Pokémon red and blue again.

Soldato
From what I've seen I'm honestly abit disappointed in the new Pokemons, open world looks fantastic but it still transitions to the same battle mechanics and as such can only assume the same catching mechanics.

The random battle screen flash appears briefly in the trailer, while the trainer is in some long grass. So it seems likely it's business as usual.

People have been asking for a fully 3D Pokémon since before Pokémon Stadium came out, 20 years ago. So I guess there's no incentive to rock the boat. It'll fly off the shelves even if it does simply recycle the same formula again. Let's Go was the Pokémon team trying something new.

Soldato
There's a gfx option to fix it at 30 (not sure if it had that previously). I can't really see the drops anymore. It seems a lot smoother to me (handheld) and for that the combat has a much nicer flow to it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think I read that they have nerfed the low skill cheese method though in Dead Cells. I used to love creeping through it throwing my traps and turrets to do the killing for me.

Soldato
Folks... wierd thing happening.

Previously conducting the Nintendo internet speed test on the Switch would yield me 20-30Mbps (I have a 200Mbps internet connection).

I just ran the test right now and am yielding only 2-3Mbps....

Ive done everything, reset router/access points. Rebooted the switch. Checked the speed of my wireless with other devices (all performing around 150-200mbps).

Not sure whats going on and why the change...

Any thoughts folks?

Anyone please?

Soldato
Anyone please?

Is it worth trying with another wireless network (even just tethering your phone for 10 mins) to see whether it changes? That'll tell you whether it's the Switch or the network.

(I appreciate you've tested the network with other devices, but doing it the other way around can't hurt either).

Soldato
Anyone please?
My first switch had awful WiFi range and speeds, I would send it to Nintendo and make I clear as day thats it's a WiFi issue not wireless controller issue. As I sent mine in 3 times they thought i sent it in due to joycons .... Muppets... I ended up replacing it with the retailer.

If your playing docked I would rerecomme getting usb Ethernet adapter I have ugreen one it's great.

Man of Honour
I modded my Pro Controller:
tczkrWs.jpg

• Transparent purple front and back shell
  • SNES buttons
  • Metal thumbsticks to stop the white buildup on the sticks
I think I will do the same with the Splatoon Green/Pink joycons and the back of the Switch to complete the purple look. I will also soft mod my joycons to show up as transparent purple when you slide them into the Switch.

This took about 10 minutes to do.

Associate
Was it difficult to do was thinking of doing it to some joy cons but don't want to **** them up :D
I modded my Pro Controller:
tczkrWs.jpg

• Transparent purple front and back shell
  • SNES buttons
  • Metal thumbsticks to stop the white buildup on the sticks
I think I will do the same with the Splatoon Green/Pink joycons and the back of the Switch to complete the purple look. I will also soft mod my joycons to show up as transparent purple when you slide them into the Switch.

This took about 10 minutes to do.

Back
Top Bottom