24 hour flight?

Steamworld Dig 2
Steamworld Heist
Shovel Knight
Cave Story+
Axiom Verge
Golf Story

All those are decent.

Edit - though with Stardew Valley you're probably all set to lose that 24 hours in one hit lol

Yeah New Zealand, so 5 hours then 17 hours (plus layover).

Golf story is getting some pretty good reviews. But yes I've heard SV is very addictive, so it might last if I can get into it :)

Sol

Sol

Associate
When I initially got a PS4 Pro Stardew Valley was all I played for a couple of weeks, excellent game! It's open ended to a certain extent but there are mini objectives, along with some bigger objectives but none of it is compulsory. I stopped playing it when Zelda BOTW came out and realised I had an ever growing stack of unplayed games :D. Stardew Valley is extremely addictive because a day is something like 20 mins gameplay and you get sucked into the "just one more day" mentality before you realise you've been playing for a few hours.

They are adding some stuff and multiplayer components to it this year I believe.

Soldato
I stopped playing SV because I could feel it sucking my life away. I enjoyed it initially but felt like I wasn't really getting anywhere so I dropped it after around 15 hours or so.

Soldato
Hey guys - Just ordered a switch with Zelda , Mario Kart and Super Mario. Any other must have games or is that it for now ?

Good choices all. I suggest not getting any other games and tackling Zelda and Mario one by one. You'd be doing either a disservice by not playing them through in one hit!

Soldato
How much time are people losing to Stardew Valley before they seem to get bored? Does it have objectives/tasks or is it just open ended?
I'm on about 35 hours and just unlocked the desert. Don't feel like there is much else to do in the game to be honest it is starting to just be repetitive.

Caporegime
It's designed for kids... It isn't just cardboard either, it comes with the software too. Really don't get the negativity. It looks fun if you have kids.
This...

This isn't about shovelling **** for jaded Nintendo fans...

They specifically said this is aimed for kids. It will go a way to hitting their 20m unit goal for FY19 anyway.

Soldato
I got Breath of the Wild today.

I start work in five hours and haven't gone to bed yet. Nuff said really. Stunning game. Completely lost track of time.

Soldato
Labo made me smile. Looks neat, for a kids toy. But in true Nintendo style, the kits are $70 and $80 respectively (so probably £50 and £60). For a few bits of cardboard and some minigame software. Ouch. Though I guess that doesn't mean the cardboard is bad value; the software will almost certainly be £40-£50 on its own.

It's not something I'd buy for myself, but it makes me kinda jealous of those who have kids, and therefore an excuse to buy one :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom