*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
On xbox I know there are region locked purchases. You have to use a vpn to add them.

Yeah that's kind of a different branch, like buying through foreign PS store for cheaper deals but I get you. Also the DLC must be region free as I have US cartridge but allowing me to use the season pass DLC which is cool.

Soldato
Had my first ever crash to desktop last night.
I was playing Crysis Remastered and it suddenly threw up an error and took me back to the home screen.

Luckily the game auto-save quite frequently, but the loading is dog slow.

Soldato
Whilst on holiday I got sucked in to Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, only 10 hours in and I'm kicking myself for not playing this sooner. I picked up the physical of it for like £25ish months back.

I think I'm going to struggle to complete this and the second one in time for the release of the 3rd at the end of July.

Soldato
Im patiently waiting for the Front mission One to come to the store for the switch... I've been craving this since i sold my PSP and lost the ability to play Front mission 3! So gutted!

Associate
Nintendo Sports is fun - I was a little concerned it wouldn't be as accurate as Wii version (certainly with Motion Plus add on) and while it isn't, it's not too far off.

Football is very Rocket League-y and the tennis 'n' bowling are still decent.

Table tennis on WSR was by far my favourite, would be super happy if that made a return.

Man of Honour
Played a bit of Sports today, my son likes it but it feels a bit disappointing only having 6 sports, way less than Wii Sports Resort. Managed to hit the light shade on my first go and bowling which brought back a few memories :)

We still have a Wii but it doesn't get used much as living room TV doesn't have the right inputs, can only use it in the bedroom. So it's kind of worth it anyway just for ease of use even if really it's no material improvement on 15 years ago.

Associate
Yeah really disappointed with Sports.. let’s be honest Volleyball and Badminton is just another take on Tennis so feel ripped off there. I knew I shouldn’t have listened to the Mrs asking me to ‘just’ buy it now without reading reviews first.

Anyway, we’ve now got the old wiimotes out, Dolphin Emu and Sports Resorts in HD.. a much better experience.

Burned by Nintendo again :D

Associate
Quick question - do you know either if currently or if the rumour mill thinks this as a future development, if you can speak online over the switch on a wireless headset? Ive been told you can do so via an app, which is fine, but i was hoping there is/will be a way i can play someone online and use a headset to speak to them

Soldato
Really getting in to BOTW now, found it hard going to begin with but now I got decent armour/weapons/hearts it’s a lot more fun. The game constantly amazes me at how beautiful the landscapes are.

Associate
Well, after a short lived price glitch on Currys I spontaneously have an OLED Switch arriving today. Still keeping my old V2 Switch for now, can I run the two in parallel on the same account rather than just transferring data across?

Having not had a screen protector on my old one and picking up a few dock marks I'll definitely be getting a screen protector this time around. It is Orzzly one that everyone recommends isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom