No Man’s Sky Next

Man of Honour
I reinstalled this over the weekend after a long time away and it seemed like the same old game.
Came in and installed the Next Patch and so much has changed, not really got my head around it yet!!
Am getting a few crashes on PS4 Pro though which isn’t good.

Associate
OP
Just fired it up. I’m a bit underwhelmed tbh. Think I may just be over NMS and when I heard those same creature noises I felt that feeling of boredom I had last year come bk to me. Also really bad pop in much worse than last patch greeted me as soon as I walked into a cave. Frame rate seems pretty poor too. Overall I guess it’s NMS and I think I was just sick of it. Really can’t be bothered to have to scan and mine everything as they’ll all just the same on every planet pretty much. Maybe I’m being a bit quick to judge and need to persevere but the draw distances they claim are massively improved clearly aren’t and after games this gen which have had next to no pop-in I just find it really breaks immersion for me.

Associate
Thats the games fault right? I remember pioneer being one of those who were extremely critical. You had expectations of what NMS was, unreal expectations. Its always been a chillout game, play at your own pace, create your own fun. The fact you find it boring says more about you than it does the game.

Soldato
I only dropped in for 30 minutes on a new game. Started on a pretty snow planet. Performance sucks unfortunatly, gets choppy and the ps4 pro seems really loud with this one.

I can look past all that for now as I want to get to the new content etc :) I wonder what first timers will make of it as it doesn't explain a lot

Soldato
Game plays almost solid 60fps on PS4 pro with the PlayStation res turned to 1080p, and the frame rate set to lock in game. :) loving it. No crashes or frame issues thus far.

Edit. Also, turning the PlayStation to 1080p keeps the fans from going crazy. Mine are whisper quiet. (I think the 4K option for this is what is causing the frame drops and fan noise )

Soldato
Had it on PS4 at launch, I'll be honest I was disappointed with the lie we were sold at the time.
However two years on it appears to be the game it should have been all along.

Gone for it on the Xbox One X this time, it's downloading as we speak

Soldato
I
Game plays almost solid 60fps on PS4 pro with the PlayStation res turned to 1080p, and the frame rate set to lock in game. :) loving it. No crashes or frame issues thus far.

Edit. Also, turning the PlayStation to 1080p keeps the fans from going crazy. Mine are whisper quiet. (I think the 4K option for this is what is causing the frame drops and fan noise )

Oh I didn't realise there was an option for 1080p, I'll try that tonight!

Soldato

Might try this as well, can you change the res in game or must it be done in ps4 settings?

Associate
OP
Think you have to force 1080p in PS4 settings. Don’t remember seeing it in the options last night but may be wrong. Don’t want to be playing games in 1080p anyway on a 4K screen. 1440p minimum for me.

Soldato
Think you have to force 1080p in PS4 settings. Don’t remember seeing it in the options last night but may be wrong. Don’t want to be playing games in 1080p anyway on a 4K screen. 1440p minimum for me.
In an ideal world I'm the same but if it can't achieve it I'm happy to take this option. Tbh I sit so far away that it's not too much of a concern for me over a solid frame rate. Probably just a bit of a poo engine

Associate
OP
In an ideal world I'm the same but if it can't achieve it I'm happy to take this option. Tbh I sit so far away that it's not too much of a concern for me over a solid frame rate. Probably just a bit of a poo engine

I hear ya. Yeah I think Gfx have moved on since this released and this company do seem to really talk things up and not deliver e.g. draw distances etc in patch notes yet there’s really bad pop-in and dodgy textures etc.

Soldato

On the Xbox there is an option in the game menus to have 4K mode or to use performance mode, and to lock/unlock the FPS it looks stunning in 4K but the fan does get noisy, Might try it on the Performance mode later.

I have played for about 6 hours now, Moved galaxy once following the story, need to work out if i can carry more some how as running out of space all the time is annoying, and i don't have enough units to buy a better ship yet, Overall though, really enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom