No Man’s Sky Next

Soldato
I quite enjoyed it at launch, put in 10-20 hours of chilled out exploration. Still have a copy somewhere, might dig it out again as they've done a lot more than I expected. I assumed they'd weather the criticism and slope off with their cash so credit to them.

Soldato
I'm around 10 hours in and I'm loving it so far. I know that there'll come a point when I'll just get incredibly bored of it but I don't see that happening for at least another 15-20 hours hopefully, in which case I'll have got a good amount of gameplay out of it for the price paid.

How do you get it for £13 can you use it on UK Xbox ok ?

Cheers

On xbox.com set up a new payment method for Argentina using my credit card and random address in Argentina, use a VPN on my laptop for Argentina, connect Xbox to laptop via ethernet cable, bridge my wifi and ethernet connection so Xbox connects through the VPN, change region on Xbox to Argentina so I have access to the Argentina store, buy the game. Then once it starts downloading just pause the download, change region back to UK and reboot, then continue the download when it's restarted.

I used Argentina as it was the cheapest for this game, I use this site to work out which region is cheapest https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/

Xbox games are region free. It's a UK Xbox and I'm in the UK.

Last edited:
Soldato
I decided to finally bite the bullet and try out No Man's Sky. It was on sale pretty cheap on the PS Store and this new update had me curious. Downloading now.

Soldato
Enjoying the update.

Started a new save after putting 70 odd hours on the original release.

Found an awesome home planet almost immediately. A Lush tropical moon orbiting a ringed planet so have some insane landscapes with the rings arching overhead. And some 10m tall crab thingsthat fortunately aren't aggressive :)

Like the new clouds and visual upgrades...

Soldato
Had one hard crash so far when activating a beacon. I've left my starting planet and arrived on a second. Build a basic wooden base building and now need to search for some underground relics.

Gotta say, I'm not hugely gripped by this game so far. It still seems like a lot of grind work. But it does seem to be an improvement from the videos I saw in the early days.

Soldato
Met my first person online earlier. He didn't have a mic though. We waved at each other and sat on a rock together looking at a ringed planet in front of us then went our separate ways.

I've been playing a new game for around 7 hours, I found a B class ship which needs fixing (we're taking 1500+ refined copper and loads more other materials) which is becoming a total grind. I also got given a new multitool which is also a 22 slot B class but is again broken. I won't be repairing this though as I don't see the point.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Met my first person online earlier. He didn't have a mic though. We waved at each other and sat on a rock together looking at a ringed planet in front of us then went our separate ways

Well doesn't that sound like living the dream! We sat on a rock and then parted ways :D

I still can't help but feel that this game is little more than a tech demo / screensaver.

Soldato
Well doesn't that sound like living the dream! We sat on a rock and then parted ways :D

I still can't help but feel that this game is little more than a tech demo / screensaver.

After two years of in-game loneliness it was quite exciting. I didn't know if he was going to attack me and steal my ****. I'm not sure if that's even possible... but anyway. It was a little underwhelming, but I can imagine it'd be good to have a few people working towards a goal.

Associate
Met my first person online earlier. He didn't have a mic though. We waved at each other and sat on a rock together looking at a ringed planet in front of us then went our separate ways.

I've been playing a new game for around 7 hours, I found a B class ship which needs fixing (we're taking 1500+ refined copper and loads more other materials) which is becoming a total grind. I also got given a new multitool which is also a 22 slot B class but is again broken. I won't be repairing this though as I don't see the point.

A good tip I saw somewhere is to just repair the ship to get it flying - launch thrusters & pulse engine, then go to the spacestation and wait for another ship to trade it against. Broken slots don't count for the trade in value of your ship. I imagine the same applies to the multitool.

Soldato
A good tip I saw somewhere is to just repair the ship to get it flying - launch thrusters & pulse engine, then go to the spacestation and wait for another ship to trade it against. Broken slots don't count for the trade in value of your ship. I imagine the same applies to the multitool.

Ah I thought that it did... Because my trade in value for it was pathetic against a worse ship. I've freed up a slot and it was worth 550,000 trade in before, so I'll check again.

I also made the mistake of adding a ship to my collection and not repairing it, so I can't summon it. No idea where I left it. Actually I left my Signal thing somewhere at a Trading Post once, took me ages to find it but I did!

What's the deal with Freighters? I have one after helping it out when it was engaged in combat. I sent it on a 1* mission and it did ok. Sent it on a 2* mission and it totally failed and I had to recall it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Planets are still really boring. They are basically all the same and so are the creatures. Games like HZD, witcher where the world are crafted by artists are much more fun to explore. I’d rather a handful of incredibly diverse and rich ecosystems than billions of the same

Soldato
After sitting on the fence for ages I finally decided to buy this. Rather liking it, I must say. I honestly thought there was a high likelihood that i'd hate it, but the next vids looked too interesting to pass up.

I'm worried that I will find it too 'deep' though. I did a bit of the mission part at the beginning, maybe 5 hours or so. Up until it gave me the choice to either carry on 'investigating' or become a space explorer. i opted for the later.

I have no idea about things like upgrading equipment etc...does that kind of become apparent as you go along? At what point do you think about settling down on a nice planet and building? Should you already have loads of stuff under your belt?

Associate
Can find stuff on planets or buy upgrades from most space stations, sometimes youll get them from missions. I built a small base on the first pretty planet I came across, put some equipment in and built a teleporter. You can get to your base from any space station outside the bases solar system.

Associate
Had this since launch, never played it much, but was willing to give it a go with the new update. All was going well until the second planet when I was hit with the game crashing on my pro. Never mind I thought, just load up again not much progress lost, the game crashed another 4 times, all on different parts of the same planet. I deleted the game and reinstalled, made sure it was updated, launched it and low and behold, it crashed less than a minute in.... Any other PS4 pro users experienced any crashes, its getting frustrating, I really want to play, but at the moment its not viable.....

Soldato
I got a Platinum on the game quite a while ago, decided to play again last night to see what the additions added.
I was only starting a standard game, yet every single starting planet was hazardous to the point that by the time the start process had completed my protection was down to about a quarter. With your ship nowhere in site, so you cannot even get immediate environmental shelter.
Certainly when I played it all those months ago the first planet was at least somewhere you could roam, even if you had to seek shelter at night or "high noon".
I restarted 10 times and this happened on each occasion, so I'm assuming this is part of the game now - might give it another go when I've got some more patience.

Soldato
Well, that's just ******* ******** :mad:

I find a crashed ship. Pretty banged up, lots of repairs needed, but I figure I'll spend some time to get it spaceworthy so I claim it and spend the next 5 to 6 hours mining stuff and eventually get it to about 70% fixed.
Then I tootle off to find more resources and don't dome back to the game for a couple of days.

When I return (and after suffering plenty of crashes) the ship is gone. WTF !!!
And yes, I turned off multiplayer and even if I hadn't, I claimed the ship, right?

Thanks for those wasted hours Hello Games. Gonna contact their customer support now and ask for a new ship or enough units to buy one.
I'm not happy with those wasted hours.

Soldato
Press D pad down, summon, other ships, it's probably in there. Though if you didn't fix the launch thrusters then you can't summon it.

I've not figured out a way to find ones you've claimed but not repaired. Also there should be a way to sell them. Currently you can only trade in the ship you're using. Also, as was discussed above, an unfixed ship has the same trade in value as a fixed one, so they aren't worth fixing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom