No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Associate
Even through the grief this game has received, I am very interested in it. However, my PC has a 2500K i5 and 8GB ram with a 760GTX. Would the game run with that spec? - assuming it didn't do anything odd on install/startup. Just on "enough grunt" to run it.

I'm using a 2500k, 8GB RAM and a HD7970 and it ran reasonably well on medium settings (minus the occasional stuttering). I didn't try the graphics on any higher settings, but I'd say there was a little bit of scope to push one or two things up to high.

After playing the game for just under two hours last weekend I think I'll be getting a refund, I just can't get in to it and despite messing with FOV it still makes my head spin after 15 minutes for some reason. Unfortunately I can't find anything else to buy with the £40 at the moment, so I'll leave it for the Autumn/Winter sales :D

Soldato
Bad reviews, bad user experiece, terrible performance, console port.

It's like they took some of the worst aspects of gaming and stuffed them into single, 'unique' experience.

The most overhyped money grab in recent memory.

Associate
I assume you've picked up on it by now but unless you actually want the long walk back you should be able to find an anomaly within 2 minutes where you can call your ship to you using the facility or a random bollard like looking thing (with a bypass chip).

At £40 I walked back, got to try and get my moneys worth:D

Associate
Wonders never cease!

5CB4770636E023FA7363B8408EE4B37B198EF2FA

Soldato
I refunded this after 2 hours but my brother didnt and reached the centre of the universe last night after 79 hours, when he told me what happens in a rage induced rant I nearly dropped my phone laughing. :D

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Personally I'm loving the game. 25 hours in and only just jumped to my second system.

It's my ideal game to play after a long rough day at work. Great to unwind to.

Playing the experimental branch via steam and it's much improved performance wise since launch.

Only been on around 5 planets so far so not seen too much yet. Mostly radioactive/hot planets so not much variety just yet but here are some random shots i've taken so far;

nms-7.jpg

nms-4.jpg

nms-2.jpg

nms-6.jpg

And came across this random guy walking alone on some mountain :D

nms-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom