No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

• Multiplayer

practically impossible without some serious limitations. not that i'm not for it, and even with limitiations i'm sure it'd still be fun but i can't see it happening due to this. the same with skyrim and the next elder scrolls game. would be without a shadow of doubt my most favourite game in history if it had multiplayer with just one of person out the box, but the amount of information the host computer would have to deal with to deal to the second player would be too much to make it happen

Soldato
Got an email this morning, from Waking Titan, loads of info, a decryption code wheel type thing for Stage 2 entry :)

Just hit up Youtube to see the action and whats going down. Hype train building lol

Just printed my wheel, decrypted my unique code and registered for stage 2 I guess, got another load of funky info on a page, don't know if I can screenshot it as it looks unique to me.

I'm enjoying this more than the game. I'm cautiously excited to where the game is updating to in 1.3 :)

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you get the email? Was there an opt in?

you had to sign up, do a survey, enter email, I posted the link to it back earlier in this thread....July 9th post

The latest Waking Titan update dropped today, it's happening choo choo.

Prob worth signing up just in case the 1.3 update is going to be the groundbreaking changes to the game that we are hoping for. 10,000 V4 Atlas passes are being sent out, it could possibly be access to a beta of some sort, maybe starting on July 21st. Sign up here http://csd.atlas-65.com/ and there's also a survey in your email after registration.

Soldato
No email here, signed up a couple of weeks back - must be random :(

Not sure. Just found out that only 1024 people have been sent that email with the codes for Phase 2 beta etc. Not sure if it's random, or done on play time, or how one answered the survey questions from http://csd.atlas-65.com

If anyone wants to wake titan phase 2, some help here from Orbit.

Last edited:
Soldato
They are using the same recipe they used prerelease. Hype, bits n pieces of info, gimmicks but no fluid gameplay.

And, as seen in this thread, it's working(again.. :rolleyes:)

Soldato
they are trying to re-generate interest again, they aren't hyping the game as they haven't come out and said diddly squat. It's actually very cool what they are doing, they have gone to incredible lengths with this ARG, I like what they have done personally.

And lets not forget, it wasn't Hello Games that created all the hype previously, a lot of that blame was down to the gamer and media. Shaun Murray did tell a ton of lies and I'll never be one to forgive that, but lets remember how uncomfortable he always was in talking about this game, he knew it wasn't the game he wanted but he couldn't damn right come out and say it. I'm in no way sticking up for him or HG, but I am at least liking that they are trying something different, actually caring about this game and looking like a big update coming. This isn't something just knocked together over a few weeks, this runs a lot deeper than that.

Man of Honour
they are trying to re-generate interest again, they aren't hyping the game as they haven't come out and said diddly squat. It's actually very cool what they are doing, they have gone to incredible lengths with this ARG, I like what they have done personally.

And lets not forget, it wasn't Hello Games that created all the hype previously, a lot of that blame was down to the gamer and media. Shaun Murray did tell a ton of lies and I'll never be one to forgive that, but lets remember how uncomfortable he always was in talking about this game, he knew it wasn't the game he wanted but he couldn't damn right come out and say it. I'm in no way sticking up for him or HG, but I am at least liking that they are trying something different, actually caring about this game and looking like a big update coming. This isn't something just knocked together over a few weeks, this runs a lot deeper than that.

Yep, i agree with this.

Too elaborate for a marketing campaign - why not just leak some new 'fake cinematics' if they just wanted to dredge some extra sales from the current game ?

HG got severe flak for the first release, it would be utter suicide to create more hype and not deliver something new.

Soldato
Can't blame them for trying to do something for the the game, what else are they gonna do?

That said, I wonder what their future plans are, surely one day they will rethink about making a new game, but who is going to trust them again.

Still waiting for this game to hit £5 and even then I would need to think hard about it. :p

Soldato
thats why I don't believe this will be anything but a monumental update. They've probably been incredibly embarrassed by what was released, and would want to put a lot right. They can not make the same mistake again and I believe they wont. At the end of the day, whatever is coming is going to be an improvement no matter what, at it's heart this game has so much potential still. I only see all this ARG, moving studios and being completely quiet towards all media as a brilliant move by HG. It's got people interested again, the ARG has been a breath of fresh air when gaming is so bloody boring on pc at the moment. Something decent is coming, I dont think its going to stop at 1.3...I think there will be a 1.4/2.0 etc.

HR4

HR4

Associate
Its certainly a great game NMS, if sandbox & exploring is your thing. I hope the update is as good as the hype they're putting in, I think it will be a pretty large update.
I'm looking forward to the next stage of the game. It will continue to grow, I'm sure..

Back
Top Bottom