No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Soldato
Has anyone been following this "Waking Titan" info, Hello games releasing multiple tapes (16 in total, 9 released so far) these past few weeks??? http://theknow.roosterteeth.com/epi...y-developer-is-sending-cassette-tapes-to-fans

9th tape just been received by another redditer

It's all been very strange but interesting at the same time, it's quite an unusual marketing/advertising campaign if you want to put it that way.

I've been following it and trying to think what it might be, along with a few other friends still playing it every now and again. Another big update seems most likely for sure. But.....but thinking outside of the box, what if after a year, this is actually building up to be something of larger scale. What if this is a re-release of the game that was intended before release, which we now know was down to running out of money and Sony basically telling Hello Games that they were out of time and had to release. What if this isn't just an update, but a re-launch of the game that we were actually shown and promised. Now wouldn't that be something. All very interesting stuff, but weird at the same time. Definitely something is stirring though no matter what way you spin it.

The lore and the info these tapes point towards is definitely a hint to portals to another world. Are we in a simulation, are we waking up, are we the Titan, , is the portal the way out to the real dimension where multiplayer exists. Just my opinion obviously, others have plenty of their own opinions, I refuse to get to hyped, been burnt once already, but my interest is definitely piqued with all this. I'm a sci fi nut at the end of the day and want to believe this game is going somewhere.

Fast forward to 15minute mark, this is tape 9/16 side A https://archive.org/details/SideA_201706

Last edited:
Soldato
Superlumina website and live drops are hinting at something happening on 6th August 2017. It has to be a re-release, it has to be. This stuff is to detailed and far to well put together for it to be just a normal small update. Someone is going through a lot of effort here for the community.

Next broadcast is July 8th, could be a good one.

Man of Honour
A re release of what, NMS..? I don't understand.

I assume they've actually fleshed out some of the background stuff i.e. you'd find little events around artefacts and outposts, etc. and hints of backstory and things going on that quickly became apparent were no more than cardboard cut outs representing something that wasn't in the game at all but I assume were intended originally to be something of far more substance.

Soldato
I've only just been on the NMS subreddit and no idea what this waking titan is.

It's a little confusing. In layman's terms, for the last few weeks/months, Hello Games or what we are led to believe someone linked to Hello Games, have started planting these seeds of information. Cassette tapes started to be sent to random ppl which held strange audio that the community slowly started deciphering. At first no one knew what was going on, but as each tape was sent more and more codes where being broken hinting at things linked to no man sky. Waking Titan was a code in hex i think, audio and code has been broken talking about portals, strange other world recordings, numbers on the periodic table puzzles, star system co-ordinates that ppl have gone to that unveiled something. 9 of 16 tapes with glyphs and hints to the future have been now sent uncovering something huge is happening in the universe for this game.

There is so much to this, way to much for me to get into and ill be honest and say a lot of it is way beyond my levels of comprehension. Best bit is to hit up YouTube for waking titan, look for mzk, orbitaltv and cobratv for a breakdown of what's been happening.

No one is sure yet what this Is, it's incredibly elaborate and very clever, it's a giant puzzle game being playing in real time real life. I really do think this isn't just a simple update, this has got to be something of much grander scale. I definitely think it's something like a major overhaul or a re-launch of the game to happen on or around the 1 year anniversary of the game. Theyve had a whole year, theyve moved studios, theyve all the money from sales, they been incredibly quiet....maybe just maybe they have completely redone the game to save face. I'm not getting over hyped but it's certainly incredibly interesting.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's a little confusing. In layman's terms, for the last few weeks/months, Hello Games or what we are led to believe someone linked to Hello Games, have started planting these seeds of information. Cassette tapes started to be sent to random ppl which held strange audio that the community slowly started deciphering. At first no one knew what was going on, but as each tape was sent more and more codes where being broken hinting at things linked to no man sky. Waking Titan was a code in hex i think, audio and code has been broken talking about portals, strange other world recordings, numbers on the periodic table puzzles, star system co-ordinates that ppl have gone to that unveiled something. 9 of 16 tapes with glyphs and hints to the future have been now sent uncovering something huge is happening in the universe for this game.

There is so much to this, way to much for me to get into and ill be honest and say a lot of it is way beyond my levels of comprehension. Best bit is to hit up YouTube for waking titan, look for mzk, orbitaltv and cobratv for a breakdown of what's been happening.

No one is sure yet what this Is, it's incredibly elaborate and very clever, it's a giant puzzle game being playing in real time real life. I really do think this isn't just a simple update, this has got to be something of much grander scale. I definitely think it's something like a major overhaul or a re-launch of the game to happen on or around the 1 year anniversary of the game. Theyve had a whole year, theyve moved studios, theyve all the money from sales, they been incredibly quiet....maybe just maybe they have completely redone the game to save face. I'm not getting over hyped but it's certainly incredibly interesting.

It is weird - you'll occasionally find unique buildings or see distant events that seem to have history in the game but try to follow anything up or link things together and its like everything are placeholders for something that never got implemented or so deep it just drains any aspect of interesting out of figuring it out.

Soldato
It is weird - you'll occasionally find unique buildings or see distant events that seem to have history in the game but try to follow anything up or link things together and its like everything are placeholders for something that never got implemented or so deep it just drains any aspect of interesting out of figuring it out.

Pretty much, they might be introducing a story that was supposed to be included nearly a year ago...

I reckon 5 years time it might be like the trailers.

Soldato
I've just bought this in the sales on the proviso that they might be adding more content to make it like the original trailers... Won't play it yet so if nothing materialises I can get a refund (plus I have a lot of other things I'm doing). The trailers really where quite cool but I held of due to the negative feedback.

Man of Honour
Pretty much, they might be introducing a story that was supposed to be included nearly a year ago...

I reckon 5 years time it might be like the trailers.

I'm honestly really disappointed they didn't condense the game and flesh out the content that was there more - there was a lot of potential and at face value it seemed really interesting with the various different factions, ancient sites and artefacts, etc. scattered around if there had been some fleshed out mystery and links between them and so on hinted at but in my time playing nothing of any real substance materialised and it was almost if not impossible to kind of find any threads to follow - and where there seemed to be something if there was it was too deeply buried and obfuscated to be interesting - scratching at the surface of it felt too much like I was chasing my own tale and lacking in real interesting gameplay.

No game I've played so far has had those moments like the first time you take off from a planet, the first time you warp to another system, etc. but the reliance on massive procedural generation ultimately falls flat without a core of properly fleshed out content.

Soldato
I've just bought this in the sales on the proviso that they might be adding more content to make it like the original trailers... Won't play it yet so if nothing materialises I can get a refund (plus I have a lot of other things I'm doing). The trailers really where quite cool but I held of due to the negative feedback.

I could be wrong but aren't refunds only valid for 14 days or 2 hours played? I'm not sure mind

Back
Top Bottom