No Man's Sky

Permabanned
Just thought I'd bump this.

Anyone seen or heard anything new recently?

theres an event at the world trade centre in early october that apparently is going to be a big reveal for this game, but we shall see, its probably just another showcase.

Soldato
My hype has totally settled down for this. I'm happy at the moment anyway. Got loads of games to play + upcoming. Like forza 6, fallout 4 etc. This can take its time coming out now.

Soldato
Any news?
Nope. Sean Murray has gone and done a couple TV appearances, with a bit of new footage. Here's him on the Stephen Colbert Late Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqeN6hj4dZU

But no new information, necessarily.

Paris Games Week is coming later this month, so that's probably the next 'possible' chance to hear anything important(release date, VR support), but dont get your hopes up too much.

Soldato
May not mean anything, but I follow a few of the developers on twitter. In some back and forth between them they said "Winter is coming so is NMS :d"

Would love to see it in time for the long winter nights :)

Permabanned
Rumours building on Reddit and AvF that this is coming out on 27th announced same day at Sony show, I'm dubious but wish it were true

Soldato
Someone on Reddit also contacted pegi for some information on the game. Turns out pegi have been play testing it for a rating. :p apparently any ways. I personally don't think it's far off now. And I think it will be announced on the 27th of this month. I got a good feeling.

Soldato
Is there actually a game here yet, or is it still a glorified tech demo with the weird excuse of "yes, it is multiplayer, yet you'll never see anyone else because its so big".

Can see this failing big upon launch sadly.

Soldato
Is there actually a game here yet, or is it still a glorified tech demo with the weird excuse of "yes, it is multiplayer, yet you'll never see anyone else because its so big".

Can see this failing big upon launch sadly.
Huh?

Yes, there is a game.

I dont get your comments, though. There is no 'excuse'. The game will be too big for people to come across each other very often at all. But that's ok because the game isn't meant to be multiplayer-focused in any way. I really dont know what you think this game is but you haven't been paying much attention obviously.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been paying attention and I'm not even sure wtf it is :p
I think it's pretty clear what it is at this point. I think some of us, including myself, just really want it to kind of be more.

I've got the same fear as many, that despite the incredible size and scope for exploration, there just wont be enough depth to keep people interested long enough. Legitimate concern, but there's also a few aspects they haven't actually *shown*, probably on purpose. Things like the progression elements like trading, economy and upgrading your ship. Also this idea that things are supposed to get more difficult as you get close to the center of the galaxy. And then whatever happens there.

But the gist of the game is pretty well known at this point. It's exploration-based. If that isn't an appealing concept on its own, then this probably wont be the game for you. And that's fine. Not every game has to appeal to absolutely everybody. But it does appeal to plenty of us. No guarantee it's going to be a game that remains compelling for any good length of time, but I'm at least interested enough that it's a Day 1 purchase for me and something I'm quite hyped about. I like ambitious games, and even if they fall flat, I much prefer that to games that tread safe ground and turn out nothing but decent or slightly above average and ultimately forgettable. I mean, I'll forever remember Spore, but I struggle to have any meaningful memories of a game like Medal of Honor(the reboot), ya know?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Suppose it's a good thing they didn't rush it to get it out for Christmas 2015. Really want this to be good, which it will be if it's half as good as the trailers :p

Soldato
Actually quite happy with that, means it wont have to compete with Elite Horizons and Bloodborne DLC, should probably have finished Dark Souls 3 by then I hope :D

Soldato
For anyone watching the trailer, and thinking you've heard that voice somewhere before, it's Rutger Hauer :D

Indeed. Theres plenty to play in the mean time. 8 months isn't all that long in the grand scheme of things.

Permabanned
so much fail with this release, its basically being held back due so that Sony can flog it with their VR tat.

Why hype this game so hard for the whole of July 2015 when it won't see the light for another 11 months, utter disappointment, oh well roll on all the good games out this xmas, shame Sony have zero exclusives that aren't crappy HD remakes

Soldato
Well, I suppose it means it should be extremely polished with no issues, and no multi-gigabyte day 1 patch...
Bit gutted it's so far away though, the smallest part of me believed there would be some ridiculous announcement today. :(

Back
Top Bottom