No Man's Sky

Associate
Just preordered off steam... TAKE MY MONIES!!!!

Stelly

Not only do you disappoint me, but you disappoint him too: http://i.imgur.com/hz2PYe4.gifv

I'll never get tired of that gif XD

Shant pre order but will most likely purchase. Nice to see its finally coming!

There we go, that's more like it! I'm also pleasantly surprised that nobody on these forums is angry about 'an indie game being sold for £40/$60.' Which is a good thing. I feel like most indie game have a better value proposition over AAA games these days XD As much as I think this deserves to be priced $60, the not so funny thing is I can't afford that right now :s So I'll just have to wait till I sell a kidney to buy this lol

I'd also be interesting in the Limited Edition, but there doesn't seem to be one for PC. I'd rather buy the PC version, cos mods, 1080p60+ and all that. Unless they have some cool cross-platform features for this game, in which case I'd be willing to buy PS4 version too. Considering all the recent connection problems with the likes of the Division and Hitman, I'm a bit wary about day 1 server issues on such a big launch. All the more reason to wait till after launch to buy it.

Associate
You can play this game offline. So connection not needed. So don't worry about server issues etc. You'll still be able to play :)

Hallelujah! Indie games do it right! But of course the best experience is the online experience, where you can (I think) come across other players and explore together or fight each other. I think this will be like Minecraft in that regard. Initially people will be excited about the single player, but when that wears out, people will jump back in for the multiplayer. I can already imagine roleplay servers/regions and the like.

Caporegime
But of course the best experience is the online experience, where you can (I think) come across other players and explore together or fight each other. I think this will be like Minecraft in that regard. Initially people will be excited about the single player, but when that wears out, people will jump back in for the multiplayer. I can already imagine roleplay servers/regions and the like.

It's been said many times that the chances of you ever seeing another player are quite slim. This is not World of Warcraft in space. :D

Soldato
Have they said that you can even see other players....? I was under the impression the 'multiplayer' aspect was limited to seeing who had discovered something....

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Have they said that you can even see other players....? I was under the impression the 'multiplayer' aspect was limited to seeing who had discovered something....

You can see other players. But the chances of running into them are very very slim. The closer to the center of the galaxy you're currently in the more chance you have of running into other players as that's where everyone will be headed. Of course there nothing to say you have to go to the center. But that is the goal of the game. :p

Associate
It's been said many times that the chances of you ever seeing another player are quite slim. This is not World of Warcraft in space. :D

But what if you want to play with friends? Would one be stuck trying to figure out where they are for several hours or something? Surely there's some sort of universal map or co-ordinate system so that people can meet up if they want to.

Check out this article. It's 41 amazing things you didn't know about No Man's Sky. Most interesting.

No Man’s Sky isn’t an MMO
The sheer size of the universe means that everyone is going to be super far apart, and it’s super unlikely that people will even visit the same planets.

I guess this reiterates the point made towards me earlier, but still has me worried that folks can't play with their friends. But more importantly, thank goodness it won't have MMO mechanics. We've already got enough with Destiny and now the Division.

Reading up on the article, this game sounds like it will have a lot of depth to it. I've also now realised that this game might be very cool in VR... as someone currently has zero interest in VR technology, that means a lot.

Soldato
I just don't see how this will be fun for a good amount of time. It reminds me of Elite in that once the initia wow factor dropped off from the scenery it just became stagnant very quickly

Soldato
I guess this reiterates the point made towards me earlier, but still has me worried that folks can't play with their friends.

It's not that sort of game though. Think of it a bit like Journey, where you're playing online but not with anyone you've deliberately set out to play it with.

Caporegime
I think you can see on the map where your PSN friends are but your ship is not going to have any capability to travel huge distances quickly. And you certainly can't just warp over to your friends for a party.

Soldato
I just don't see how this will be fun for a good amount of time. It reminds me of Elite in that once the initia wow factor dropped off from the scenery it just became stagnant very quickly

I think the major difference is that NMS actually has scenery and worlds to explore. In ED you just hang around in the inky blackness looking at different coloured spheres.

Soldato
You can see other players. But the chances of running into them are very very slim. The closer to the center of the galaxy you're currently in the more chance you have of running into other players as that's where everyone will be headed. Of course there nothing to say you have to go to the center. But that is the goal of the game. :p

Have hello games confirmed that there is more than one galaxy?, the word universe and galaxy gets mixed up so much by some that don't know the difference.

They way I understood it was its one galaxy that includes many stars with its orbiting planets just like our solar system with our star the sun and our planets that orbit it.

If it was a universe, well the chances of ever meeting another player is zero.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the major difference is that NMS actually has scenery and worlds to explore. In ED you just hang around in the inky blackness looking at different coloured spheres.

They're different games, end of, though you're also wrong now that Horizons is available, you can actually land on some of those spheres and do... something... not much though :p

Soldato
Apparently there could be more than one galaxy. That's word on the rumour mill. How true that is I don't know. We won't find out for another 3 months either. :( June is too far away.

Back
Top Bottom