No Man's Sky

Soldato
I suppose it hasn't been directly confirmed there is only one galaxy but I would be surprised if there are more. Either way, it has been confirmed there are a stupid number of planets (18 trillion wasn't it?) so plenty of exploring to keep us all busy regardless of them being in 1 or more galaxies.

Soldato
I suppose it hasn't been directly confirmed there is only one galaxy but I would be surprised if there are more. Either way, it has been confirmed there are a stupid number of planets (18 trillion wasn't it?) so plenty of exploring to keep us all busy regardless of them being in 1 or more galaxies.

Makes more sense. Basically a lot of stars which feature a number of planets orbiting that star.

Soldato

18 quintillion. As a number it looks like this.

:D

Soldato
Always considered ED just a quick arse response to Star Citizens (funding) success - had decades to make a sequel...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Don't get me wrong, I love Elite but a lot of complaints are very valid. I've wasted a lot of time in it and will continue to do so, same will go for NMS I fully expect :D

Soldato
I think the major difference is that NMS actually has scenery and worlds to explore. In ED you just hang around in the inky blackness looking at different coloured spheres.

I agree with your point about ELite, I just think that the same assests spread out differently will end up exactly the same for me personally.

Soldato
18 quintillion. As a number it looks like this.

:D

Ah sort of close, I know it was some massive number. I really hope they have a stats page which lists how many planets you have visited. As you play for a while and look and see "18,446,744,073,709,550,752 planets still to visit" :D

Soldato
I agree with your point about ELite, I just think that the same assests spread out differently will end up exactly the same for me personally.

Depends how many permutations of biomes/world they've managed to construct and the gameplay effects of each one. There are orders of magnitude more possibilities in NMS compared to ED simply because the granularity of the world goes below 'Planet' into biomes, lifeforms, NPCs etc.

Either way, I'm getting it, if for nothing else than an interesting technical analysis :)

Soldato
Depends how many permutations of biomes/world they've managed to construct and the gameplay effects of each one. There are orders of magnitude more possibilities in NMS compared to ED simply because the granularity of the world goes below 'Planet' into biomes, lifeforms, NPCs etc.

Either way, I'm getting it, if for nothing else than an interesting technical analysis :)

Oh yes I'll rent it for sure to see if I can see any longevity in it.

Associate
Only concern I have will there be enough things to keep me busy when playing but.. then again I believe there are tons of stuff to buy and upgrade like ships, weaponry and spacesuit. Everything looks so nice, the planets and the space itself thanks to space stations and all the traffic around them.

I do believe I have to buy this adventure :)

Back
Top Bottom