No Man's Sky

Soldato
It just looks like the kind of game that'll be a pleasure to spend time in, will be one of my rare PSN pre-orders. Although I have ordered the soundtrack vinyl from the excellent 65daysofstatic.

Soldato
Having seen that video it has actually swayed me towards a pre-order. I am still not convinced it will hold my attention long enough to get to the centre of the galaxy but it looks like there will be enough to get my money’s worth and even if it turns out to be rubbish then at least I have support a dev team trying to do something different.

Soldato
I struggle to understand why it's an online game at all really. The chances of you encountering another player or even any trace of one seems fairly low so why not just call it a single player game and be done with it? Unless there's more to it than I'm missing or they haven't' talked about yet.

Soldato
I struggle to understand why it's an online game at all really. The chances of you encountering another player or even any trace of one seems fairly low so why not just call it a single player game and be done with it? Unless there's more to it than I'm missing or they haven't' talked about yet.

Indeed, they keep talking about the chances of stumbling across a player, but surely people will tell their mates what planet they are on, warp there, and then play the game in tandem? I can imagine large clans of people meeting at planet X, then moving forward together

Caporegime
Indeed, they keep talking about the chances of stumbling across a player, but surely people will tell their mates what planet they are on, warp there, and then play the game in tandem? I can imagine large clans of people meeting at planet X, then moving forward together

I've already talked about this - the galaxy is HUUUUUUGGGGEEEEE. You are TIIIIINNNNNNNYYYYY. There is no way you can warp around and have a quickie session with your mates. I don't think the devs have said how long it will take to reach the centre of the galaxy but you certainly won't do it in an evening. So it will be the same as meeting friends. Unless by a pure random stroke of luck they are in a neighbouring system.

Soldato
Thank God. I don't want hundreds of potential players romping round the galaxy with each other griefing/ganking noobs just starting out for the lolz. Total game ruiner. This isn't world of warcraft. :p

Caporegime
Thank God. I don't want hundreds of potential players romping round the galaxy with each other griefing/ganking noobs just starting out for the lolz. Total game ruiner. This isn't world of warcraft. :p

And I hope they don't bow to any kind of pressure to implement such a system, either. Last thing we need is Call of No Man's Sky Duty.

Caporegime
LOL I had the same notion about having easily accessibility to friends - gamers are just ****s :p. I cant see why there couldnt be some async gameplay...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Only just watched that 21min new footage.

Two things that is unbelievably mind blowing was the ships portal window where he showed his tiny crosshair on the planet and said that was about the size of area he was exploring on the planet!!

Also the galactic map, everyone of them stars was a solar system!!!!:eek:

Soldato
You could possibly run into other players nearer the center. But you won't know it's another player. So there's minimal interaction. (You can kill them, though) Sean couldn't express enough this is more of a single player experience. Traditional multi player might be added in the future but they're unsure yet.

Back
Top Bottom